+1

Good Texas Smooth Water Rides

I'm finding as I get older, I'm liking the chop less and less I wondered what people have found are some of the best smooth water rides around. Here some that I know of in the North Texas region:

Brazos River North of Lake Whitney - Even on windy days, there is always a few miles of smooth water to be found.

Caddo - its essentially swamp that has had boat roads carved into it. Very smooth, but lots of boat traffic on good weather days.

Little Elm section of Lewisville - usually fairly smooth up there with little boat traffic and once you make it to the creek its a few miles of smooth water.

Britton Park section of Joe Pool - Pretty small, but smooth even when the lake is choppy in other places. Decent little short creek.

Trinity River near Richland Chambers - crappy ramp, but lots of smooth miles. Can run into some weirdies at the ramp there though.

Any others up in this part of Texas?

I'd like to make some trips down South. It seems like folks closer to the gulf have many long run smooth options available to them down there. Any suggestions?

+1
    We run the river at Canyon Lake outside of San Antonio but I am a little hesitant with the water levels down. There are also some nice stretches on Lake Dunlop off I-35 in New Braunfels.

Jarrett, good info. Thanks for posting. Ray Robts. can be good depending on wind direction. If wind out of south, right on top of the dam is great. Long bay near state park is usually good with south wind also. Main part of lake is tough if there is much wind at all.
    What creek are you referring to on Lake Lewisville? Live about 15 mins. from Little Elm myself.

+1
    https://maps.google.com/maps?q=lewis...m&z=13&vpsrc=6

Launch at Little Elm. Go left at the fork, north past 380. Enjoy

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1
    lake austin,put in at the 360 ramp.basically a river,great scenery.brazos river at tin top.lots of good smooth water to ride,looking to do a ride here sat the 23rd around 10-ish,then onto weatherford lake.can go all the way to the grandbury lake dam

+1
    Just found a couple new creeks on Eagle Mountain Lake, well new to me at least. There were three total. One is on the west side of the lake and you can go about 1.5 before it gets too shallow (I sucked up some small rocks). There are two more at the top. The one on the right side is nice, but has a couple of trees down about a mile in unfortunately. The one on the top left is lots of fun. Roughly 2.5 miles of closed course style turns. We ran this one 6-7 times and had a blast. Not a single bass boat up in them either, which was surprising. The middle of the lake was dang near Lewi bad, but there are ramps right next to all of the creeks.

We went out there because they were doing the SeaDoo demo rides there. They wouldn't let my daughter ride (who can likely out ride the guys that were hosting it) because she was a few months shy of 18. So we put our Yami's in and rode the hell out of the lake. SeaDoo put some buoys out. So in between the demo, we ripped our VXS's through there The kiddo is getting good on the buoys, she outruns me easy now. She said its just like barrel racing, hehe.

Thread Information