Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36
  1. #1
    h2jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    2,063
    +1
    61

    running rich/ low rpms

    Hi guys. I have a 2005 RXP motor with a Riva stage 3. It's in a GPRXP. Last ride last year I got 85.2 mph @ 8600 rpm. This year the best I see is 7800 - 7900 rpms. My catch can has very little in it but my oil is filling with gas. Checked cam timing and it's bang on. Changed injectors and plugs. When I power up it flashed sensor and maintenance. I have replaced the map sensor too and still the same results.

    Any ideas? My buddies and I are scratching our heads.


  2. #2
    rangermtb5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    4,473
    +1
    58
    You have a conversion right? So no VTS. That's what the sensor message is. The maint light is a service reminder. Neither of those effect performance.

    Is it bogging at all when you accelerate?

  3. #3
    rangermtb5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    4,473
    +1
    58
    Did you make any changes over the winter?

  4. #4
    iron head's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    ONT CANADA
    Posts
    616
    +1
    2
    jim i'l put it on candoo

  5. #5
    !!!! wave jumper !!!! 05_RXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Hamilton, Ontario
    Posts
    513
    have you checked your fuel pressure? are you running th gpr tank or rxp?

  6. #6
    h2jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    2,063
    +1
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by rangermtb5 View Post
    You have a conversion right? So no VTS. That's what the sensor message is. The maint light is a service reminder. Neither of those effect performance.

    Is it bogging at all when you accelerate?
    Yes the sensor and maint mean nothing. The ski runs strong and pulls hard. Just really rich and down about 800 rpm. Nothing changed over the winter.

  7. #7
    ADAMBOMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sunrise,Florida
    Posts
    4,723
    +1
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by h2jim View Post
    Hi guys. I have a 2005 RXP motor with a Riva stage 3. It's in a GPRXP. Last ride last year I got 85.2 mph @ 8600 rpm. This year the best I see is 7800 - 7900 rpms. My catch can has very little in it but my oil is filling with gas. Checked cam timing and it's bang on. Changed injectors and plugs. When I power up it flashed sensor and maintenance. I have replaced the map sensor too and still the same results.

    Any ideas? My buddies and I are scratching our heads.
    Whats your AFR's Idle-mid-wot?

  8. #8
    h2jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    2,063
    +1
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by ADAMBOMB View Post
    Whats your AFR's Idle-mid-wot?
    It's so rich that the o2 sensor shuts down after a few seconds of idle. My idle is in the 9's.

  9. #9
    MSRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Central MS
    Posts
    5,448
    +1
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by h2jim View Post
    It's so rich that the o2 sensor shuts down after a few seconds of idle. My idle is in the 9's.
    Just a random thought, Did you try and free air calibrate the 02 sensor by chance? Sometimes when they sit over winter problems arise. They aren't the best about lasting long. Just a thought....

  10. #10
    h2jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    2,063
    +1
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    Just a random thought, Did you try and free air calibrate the 02 sensor by chance? Sometimes when they sit over winter problems arise. They aren't the best about lasting long. Just a thought....
    Did it a hundred times. New 02 sensor too.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-24-2014, 06:49 PM
  2. 99 SLTH - Top End Runs great, bogs down at low RPM
    By thiagoavila in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-29-2010, 12:02 PM
  3. 2000 xpl low rpm runs stronger when I cut off the fuel !!
    By zackz28 in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-26-2010, 08:08 AM
  4. fx160 2006, wont run properly at low rpm's
    By Turbo Retro in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-01-2010, 05:19 AM
  5. Low mixture screw - running rich
    By Petron in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-06-2009, 05:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •