Thread: Reliable FZR/FZS Mods
06-04-2012, 09:11 AM #1
Reliable FZR/FZS Mods
I was going through all the mods and top speed posts but man there a about a zillion different combinations.
Is there anybody other than Riva making a reliable performance kit or is it better to source a package? I'm just looking for a very reliable package that will bring me to a consistent 70-72 mph all day long. Regular fuel would be nice but supreme would be OK.
06-04-2012, 09:16 AM #2
Buddy you can probably get that kind of speed with just three items:
Jim's VX ride plate, R&D grate and a 36.00 cheap air filter. Oh, and ALL Yamahas run great on REGULAR fuel.
06-04-2012, 09:33 AM #3
I wouldn't worry about doing a kit from anyone. Those speeds that you are looking for are EASILY attained. This should get you there:
- Air filter (either a Riva Power Filter or a homemade setup)
- remove the foams from the cowlings
- VX rideplate (Jims modded will get you a little more speed)
- R&D intake grate sealed (fill voids with resin or use a PPK)
- R&D Ribbon delete aka intake manifold upgrade ($30 to gain a lb of boost!)
- tweak the stock prop to stay off the rev limiter (thats why I went with the R3 ECU to get rid of the boost and rev limiter)
- BOV for clutch reliability
06-04-2012, 09:46 AM #4
This is looking simple enough.
Looks like I chose the right platform.
I like any mods I don't need to run race gas or even supreme anymore.
To think, I'll even be able to go more than 30 minutes away from camp.
06-04-2012, 09:48 AM #5
Impro's still a good choice on the impeller work?
06-04-2012, 10:44 AM #6
06-04-2012, 11:16 AM #7
06-04-2012, 11:21 AM #8
06-04-2012, 12:12 PM #9
A bit more sound.. There's a thread about it if you search. It's basically taking out a baffle and plugging it. Picks up a few hp and some sound, but it doesn't really drone
06-04-2012, 12:50 PM #10
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)