Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

Gutting muffler on 2012 GTI 130?

Couple questions...will I lose power due to it being N/A? Also, I'm guessing the only way to gut it is cutting the end off, gutting, then re welding it back on?

Do you have a good reason to gut the waterbox?? Is there ever a good reason to gut the waterbox on a GTI?

+1
    Trying to get any performance I can beings no company makes an intake grate for it. Only options I have are filling ride plate holes, intake filter, and gutting muffler. Oh, and a Solas impeller, which I've been told probably won't make a noticeable difference on this ski.

Neither will gutting the waterbox. Just accept it the way it is, or sell it and buy a SC model if you want more oomph!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Dood View Post
    Neither will gutting the waterbox. Just accept it the way it is, or sell it and buy a SC model if you want more oomph!
    Thanks for the reply.

I think you should have bought a faster ski, judging by all the performance questions on the 3rd from the bottom unit

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chucked View Post
    I think you should have bought a faster ski, judging by all the performance questions on the 3rd from the bottom unit
    Lol, I really only asked about very basic mods. And as I said in one of, if not my very first post, I know this ski will never be the fastest around. That isn't my intention.

+1
    Buy a reverse megaphone to attach to the throttle body along with a trumpet. It will help.
    You could relocate the battery and fire extinguisher to the rear of the ski. Weight off of the nose = speed.
    What size venturi does that have? RXP is 83mm, RXPX is 87mm. An 87 would help hole shot (if it will bolt up).
    Does it have trim? If not, altering the ride plate angle would help if a wedge (same pump as rxp/x models?) can be used.
    Good luck!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothman View Post
    Buy a reverse megaphone to attach to the throttle body along with a trumpet. It will help.
    You could relocate the battery and fire extinguisher to the rear of the ski. Weight off of the nose = speed.
    What size venturi does that have? RXP is 83mm, RXPX is 87mm. An 87 would help hole shot (if it will bolt up).
    Does it have trim? If not, altering the ride plate angle would help if a wedge (same pump as rxp/x models?) can be used.
    Good luck!
    Thanks for all the input man! I really have no idea as far as the parts you mentioned. I'm a newb as far as modding skis goes and I'm just learning as I go. lol
    Up until about 3 or 4 days ago, I didn't even know what the hell a ride plate or intake grate even was. haha

+1
    Does the intake have an air filter or big plastic box attached to it? This is a point of restriction. If you aren't a crazy submarining rider, you can get rid of that and run without these things and use a smoother intake tube to ease restriction. If you ride pretty hard and can tell water has been jostling around inside of your engine bay, or you occasionally flip it upside down, leave the plastic box or filter. Hope this helps!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information