Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

New to Greenhulk and skis - Just got myself a nice xlt1200 but needs TLC!

Hey everyone, name's Jeremy I've been perusing Greenhulk for months now and I finally decided to take a few minutes and sign up.. I just got myself a nice 2005 XLT1200 for next to nothing.. But I'm having a little different #3 cylinder problem than most people.. My ski is totally missing the #3 cylinder!! Also missing the exhaust pipe and a whole lotta other important stuff.. Not because of failure but because of theft.. Someone stole my good #3 to repair their junk I guess! Anyway, I am in the process of getting her going again.. I just picked up a used (and badly abused) 2000 GPR.. I got a cylinder, a piston, D-plate, Chip and aluminum steering nozzle off of it.. The rest I am going to try and part out.. It's in bad bad shape though motor wise.. Look for it in the classifieds once I hit my 25 count.. Anyway back to my XLT, this thing is CLEAN inside and out.. Had to be a freshwater ski no doubt.. I will try and get a pic up asap.. I got the cylinder and piston at the engine shop right now being cleaned and de-glazed.. Can't wait to get it back so I can start re-assembly.. Still have a few more parts to order first though.. And I need to find a good empty silver exhaust pipe and all the stays as well..

+1
    Welcome to the Hulk..

+1
    I have the entire exhaust assembly off a 2000 GP1200R, the pipes are black but I think they are exactly the same as the silver pipes. Let me know

+1
    I have the entire assy off a 2000 GPR as well.. Problem is all the hardware was rusted and required breaking to get it out of the boat.. And evidently this thing was ridden with the exhaust rattling around loosely because all the stays are either broken or worn beyond use.. Plus I really don't feel like drilling and tapping so I'm out to find an empty silver one if I can.. Thanks and I will def keep you in mind!

Are you sending this out to get re-nikiseled? You should be able to find an exhaust on the classifieds here or ebay.

+1
    No the cylinder I'm going to use looks fine as is but I just want the black paint bead blasted off and run a LIGHT hone thru it.. I told the machinist just enough to barely scuff the surface.. They are going to glass bead blast my piston as well to remove all the crud and junk..

+1
    The wrong hone can ruin a nic cyl, most guys use 400 grit wet/dry sandpaper and WD40, duplicating the crosshatch pattern by hand.

+1
    Yeah in the past with my atv's i just used scotch pads and they worked great.. I figured this is a totally different creature so I will take it to someone who knows engines.. The guy I brought it to here on the MS coast is a legend around here.. CAP engines in Biloxi.. He knows what he's doing and I trust him with the nikasil.. Plus I stressed the fact to him that I BARELY wanted the stones to touch the walls.. I am actually more interested in him cleaning the thing rather than the de-glaze..

+1
    Anyone know where I can find a ventillation duct elbow that attaches to the hull under the seat for my XLT?

ebay or hulk classifieds.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information