Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

VX performance mods?

anyone done much with up grades on these?

i have done a few things to my 08 vx but i am a HP and mod junkie

i have deleted the exhaust silencer and water box, well i built my own version of a water box witch is very free flowing and has quite an amazing sound, tho is almost a little too loud, and have installed a aftermarket intake, along with sharpening the impeller and stator, and modifing the intake grate, (removed the 2 center bars and polished it) but its never enough lol

just ordered a r&d intake grate and solas 18/22 impeller, cant wait for thoes to show up

yesterday i pulled the throttle body off to take a look, i am going to try to boar it one of these days and install a larger butterfly, but there is also a very restritive looking metal mesh in the intake manifold behind the TB, i ordered a replacement intake manifold to see if i can safely remove the mesh and install the open manifold, but in doing all these air flow mods, are the ecu and the fuel system going to be able to keep up

here are the pics of the intake, the mesh behind the throttle body inside the intake manifold, and a pretty poor quality shot of my exhaust, enjoy

Hey there, I like your work it looks great I've done similar work on my 06 VX Sport, Ill post a link to one of my threats. Would love to see more pics of the mods on the water box, that one is a bit hard to see whats going on there lol. Any gains in speed etc, I like the difference in mine and how it sounds. You don't usually get too many reply's in relation to posts about VX's (

Hey there, I like your work it looks great I've done similar work on my 06 VX Sport, Ill post a link to one of my threats. Would love to see more pics of the mods on the water box, that one is a bit hard to see whats going on there lol. Any gains in speed etc, I like the difference in mine and how it sounds. You don't usually get too many reply's in relation to posts about VX's (

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=166688

Quote Originally Posted by misterjay View Post

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=166688

Looks good! I'll try to snap some better pics tonight of the exhaust, it seems to be quite a bit snappier, and does just fine up against a 1500 SD but have only gps'ed it once with a rock grinder impeller at 52mph lol can't wait for the solas to show up! And I know what u mean about the vx responces, but someone has got to get some support out there

Welcome to the forum! Glad you made it!

here are a couple more shots of the exhaust and a quick vid of a start up, but it was done with my phone so i dont know if the sound quality will be there

Well I took some more pics and a vid, an posted them but they never showed up and said it needed to b reviewed by the mods, but that was bout 5 days ago, what's up with that?

Any way here are some pics and the vid is on YouTube, "08 vx 110 yamaha, straight pipe exhaust"

Got the new manifold and got that metal removed, Idk how the engine could breath at all, hopefully it will help a bunch! Here it is after removing

Oh wow, I'd love to get rid of that big airbox! Don't see anything on eBay unfortunately. That big honeycomb thing is ridiculous, I assume it's for backfiring through the intake and catching the filter on fire? These are open loop FI systems aren't they? Wouldn't you want a power commander type device after modifying the intake & exhaust?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information