I'd kill myself on a crotch rocket so I got an RXP

new supercharger question

Hey everyone,
    Quick question regarding upgrading my supercharger on an '04 RXP. I've done tons of reading on here and just want to make sure I understand this correctly.

It's time for a rebuild and I was going to send it to Jerry and I thought, he might as well drop in a new impeller while he was right there, which got me reading...and ultimately convinced me to go with the X supercharger and the 42# injectors to add, hopefully, a little extra on the top end; instead of doing the rebuild. So my question is... is that all that is needed for the X supercharger? 42# injectors? I realize it would be good to go with a 4" intake setup, which I could do later.

I have stock IC, Riva stage 1 kit, and OPAS block offs...

And yes, I am aware of the exhaust valve problem...that will also have to be later...$$$

Thanks!

I was in the same situation as you.

Many people went back and forth if I would have to run 42's or if I could keep the stock 38's. Went with the stock 38's per Dan (JD 1) advice and have had no problems. The performance gain of the X-charger over the stock SC is AMAZING.

Mods are in my signature.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKman View Post

Many people went back and forth if I would have to run 42's or if I could keep the stock 38's. Went with the stock 38's per Dan (JD 1) advice and have had no problems. The performance gain of the X-charger over the stock SC is AMAZING.

Do you have to do any remapping of the computer if you upgrade to the X supercharge???

Quote Originally Posted by onechuck View Post
    Do you have to do any remapping of the computer if you upgrade to the X supercharge???
    When running the stock 215 IC, no.

I'd kill myself on a crotch rocket so I got an RXP
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithKman View Post

Hey Keith, what did Dan (JD1) say about the injectors? Everything I have read on here says to go to the 42's. If the performance gain was that noticeable from the stock to X supercharger, do you think it would be even more with the 42's??
    Also, what have you GPS at? We have close to the same setup, performance wise anyway.

+1
    I ran the x charger and the bosch 42's with the stock intercooler, and my ski ran great, I had the rear air and preformance wise it was a big difference,
    I believe that with the x charger you need the bigger injectors to keep from running lean with the 38's, you might need to do a different prop as well,
    Then I went all out with the afr gauge and the Et-137 wheel with an EX IC, and never looked back,

Quote Originally Posted by Watdog View Post
    Hey Keith, what did Dan (JD1) say about the injectors? Everything I have read on here says to go to the 42's. If the performance gain was that noticeable from the stock to X supercharger, do you think it would be even more with the 42's??
    Also, what have you GPS at? We have close to the same setup, performance wise anyway.
    Here is the quote from Dan he sent me via PM regarding the X-Charger an 38's:

Quote Originally Posted by JD 1
    If you are running a stock Xcharger and 4"air intake all you need is the 38's.

hope this helps

Here is video of me last weekend:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=1#post1954592

No idea if you will see a gain with 42's, as I have only ever ran 38's.

Thread Information