+1

Where is the cheapest place to buy rear boarding steps for the VXS?

Where is the cheapest place to buy rear boarding steps for the VXS? Thanks.

+1
    Not sure, you might keep an eye on e-bay or check in the classified section here on the Hulk maybe someone has a used one they don't need...

Just bought this for my '12 VXS (now converted to complete '12 VXR)... paid about $350 just for the step kit.

that was the factory folding step for the 2012 VXR (about $220) and the parts (bolts, plates, covers, etc) were an additional $110. I have all the part numbers at home and will upload them later, or you can goto your yamaha dealer and they can look them up from a diagram for the 2011/2012 VXR series.

I purchased the factory step kit, and while slightly more expensive than the aftermarket ones or resells on ebay and other sites, the dealership said they would ONLY install the yamaha provided step kit... and since its yamaha, it would be covered under my warranty. So keep that in mind

I also had Yamaha install it... some will charge you only 1 hour of labor ($90) so i've read... mine charged me two hours of labor ($180)

Once installed... make absoutlely sure its installed correctley... dont make a mad dash into the middle of the lake without driving around to make sure the 3m adhesive caps are sealed correctley (these are the mount brackets that seal and hold the bolts in place to the step through the nanoxcel hull). If not installed correctely, expect to take on water (sans why im having my yamaha dealer do it... that way its under warranty and they are responsbile if any screwups). Also, they have to remove alot of exhaust/air filter equipment to reach the back of the runner from the inside... make sure to check this after a few minutes of running so everything is connected back correctley.

If you do it yourself, and you screw up (you do have to drill into the hull and you do have to remove interior components to reach the rear. Also keeping everything aligned for the drill spots is a must. You will also need to smooth where you drilled so the 3m brackets seal correctley, and reaching those areas of the ski are a complete pain in the ass unless you have long, narrow arms)... it is not covered under warranty and your insurance may not honor the repair/replacement for negliegence if you damaged it.

I'll also note that my Yahama dealer center was rather disgusted to have to do this... they acknowledged its a huge pain in the ass to install, lol.

+1
    Didn't Yamaha have a promotion for a couple hundred dollars worth of Yamaha accessories when you buy a new wave runner? Would that be included? Worth a shot.

that i do not know about stunna... i bought mine in march, only 3 year warranty perk for me... nothing about yamaha parts.

+1
    It used to be on the Yamaha web site under promotions. Now it just says up to $850 in incentives.

+1
    I ended up buying a couple of these:
    http://www.ezriserproducts.com/jetskistep2.htm

Thanks guys.

+1
    Nice. Be sure to let us know how you like them once they're on.

Thread Information