Speed Locked fx140

Hi guys,
    I am totally new to the seadoo world, and my machine is the 2002 Waverunner FX140 4-stroke with the 988 cc's. The guy I bought it from locked the speed at about 65 km/h where it should be doing about 86km/h according to the local dealer. I can't get an answer from the previous owner and the dealer wants me to bring it in so they can look at it but I want to know what I can do. After taking a look at suggestions I'll take it in if I have to but if the previous owner locked it there must be a way to unlock it, right ? Ok, well I will be waiting for any answers , and all answers will be taken into consideration because I really am finding this 65 slow, I know it's a 3-seater but it shouldn't be so slow ! Thanks in advance as I might not be able to thank everyone but I will mention who's answer will have led me to resolve this little issue ! Thanks again !

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by seadoo-newbie View Post
    Hi guys,
    I am totally new to the seadoo world, and my machine is the 2002 Waverunner FX140 4-stroke with the 988 cc's. The guy I bought it from locked the speed at about 65 km/h where it should be doing about 86km/h according to the local dealer. I can't get an answer from the previous owner and the dealer wants me to bring it in so they can look at it but I want to know what I can do. After taking a look at suggestions I'll take it in if I have to but if the previous owner locked it there must be a way to unlock it, right ? Ok, well I will be waiting for any answers , and all answers will be taken into consideration because I really am finding this 65 slow, I know it's a 3-seater but it shouldn't be so slow ! Thanks in advance as I might not be able to thank everyone but I will mention who's answer will have led me to resolve this little issue ! Thanks again !
    If he has it in the learning mode you need the remote to undo it.

Is that the only way that it can be locked ? What remote is needed to undo it ?
    How do I check if its in learning mode ? Thanks for your answer by the way !

+1
    Is that the only way that it can be locked ? What remote is needed to undo it ?
    How do I check if its in learning mode ? Thanks for your answer by the way !
    on the cluster there is a sign that says L-MODE on right side if that is lite orange when the engine is started it's on, If the green one is lite on the left side it's not on.

had to adjust the free way but still only getting about 78-80 kmh. is this right ? or is there something else I should look at ?

+1
    had to adjust the free way but still only getting about 78-80 kmh. is this right ? or is there something else I should look at ?
    adjust free way whats that, 80 kmh. is 50 mph. That about right for a FX140

Freeway is the cable for giving gas. But now noticed that there is oil in the air filter so will be changing that. The previous owner must have filled it too full and it got all over the place

+1
    Freeway is the cable for giving gas. But now noticed that there is oil in the air filter so will be changing that. The previous owner must have filled it too full and it got all over the place
    We had two of those skis, the filters get clogged with oil very easily and performance will slowly keep dropping. Best solution is to get the Velocity Stack Kit and the Power Filter to replace the OEM setup and that will get you around 56 mph, and that speed will be retained because you will be rid of the restrictive OEM filter and the replacement won't clog up like the OEM. You can get these parts from Jerry's online store.

Thread Information