Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Noob..need some help with a 95 SL750

I just bought a 1995 SL that is pretty weathered. I should have did more research before I shelled out the cash but live and learn.
    First question will a seat from a 1992 SL fit the 95 SL? I have looked at covers but the foam on this 95 is ratted...The nice 95 seats I have found are well over $100. I found a 92 for $50 that is descent but not sure it is a direct fit or not.

Next....the MFD is showing only partially digits...is there any hope in fixing it or is it junk?...If junk what can you do to bypass the MFD? I would like to know if the thing is running hot and the tach would be great. Can a newer one be fitted or what are my options?

Last for now. I did a compression check on it and #1 cylinder is about 124...#Two and #Three are at about 122.
    I was hoping for higher but can I atleast put it in the water like this? Also I did the check without holding WOT will that effect the numbers by much?

I have not even had it in the water yet and want to make sure it is a good ski that is not going to leave anyone stranded. I have read most of the stickys about the single outlet fuel pump and fuel line issues.
    Thanks guys for anyone direction and advice.

Ok I redid the compression check while holding throttle wide open. A small improvement. #1 129...#2 125 and #3 125.
    I really could use some expert to tell me if the 92 SL seat will fit my 95.
    Is their any parts fiche that I can see if the numbers match?

Wankel till I die!! jonjonwells's Avatar
    I know that there used to be a way to fix the LCD, but it required a massive amount of work and extremely good soldering skills. Can't find the thread to save my life though. There is a thread going now about retrofitting an automotive tach to work with the Fugi's.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=175603

The MFD is not required to even be on the ski for it to function correctly. It is just a display, no control properties.

As for compression, those numbers are good. You can do a compression check with just the starter cranking the engine. The engine does not have to be running. As long as your compression is with 10% of each other, you should be good.

Thanks for that. Yeah I did the check with all plugs out and cranking over with just the starter.
    I was hoping to get the original MFD working so see what the hours on the ski are. I thought th MFD had alimp mode and a low oil senor. Those are my other concerns. I have got to find a good seat before I go much further.
    The 92 SL 650 seat is in great shape.

Banned User
    +1
    Your compression is fine. If its just faded digits on your MFD, that can be fixed. I have fixed many of those. Any 92-95 SL seat will fit I believe, as well as the 96 and 97 SL 780 seats. PM Drkvampire2001, I think he has an SL seat to sell. Do your fuel system upgrades, and check over the jet pump, and have fun!!!!!!

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jonjonwells View Post
    I know that there used to be a way to fix the LCD, but it required a massive amount of work and extremely good soldering skills. Can't find the thread to save my life though...
    This Polaris PWC Knowledge web page should refresh your memory

No soldering skills required for MFD repairs. Just careful plastic case cutting and gentle contact cleaning of the contact rubber strips.

mooochos....gracios my brothers.
    As for the fuel pump upgrade...how much is this going to set me back? It appears some of the gas lines are black rubber reinforced.
    The ski has an after market grate and ride plate..so I am not sure if it was properly maintained or not. Inside of the hull it has alot of black grease spotting....I try to keep all my toys clean.
    What is a good solution for cleaning under the seat motor area.....degreaser and power washer?

Was there a how to separate the plastic to get inside the screen in those links?

I got the MFD split and working again. It was just simple and really only needed the LCD contact wiped off and the board tigtend up.
    I was shocked to see 212.2 on the hour meter.
    Whats the average hour for a rebuild on these old skis?

Another issue....The trim is working while not running. Where do I need to check for faults letting the trim power up?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    Your compression is fine. If its just faded digits on your MFD, that can be fixed. I have fixed many of those. Any 92-95 SL seat will fit I believe, as well as the 96 and 97 SL 780 seats. PM Drkvampire2001, I think he has an SL seat to sell. Do your fuel system upgrades, and check over the jet pump, and have fun!!!!!!
    I do in fact have a seat for sale from a 95 SL750. It is black in 99.5% perfect condition. Looking for 50 plus shipping.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information