Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Speed Sensor Wires cut / spliced by Trim - FI Code SPSE Ultra 300x

Chris here , From South West FL,, I'm new to the ski's & to the Forum. I picked up the new Ultra 300x. Love the ski. But 20 hours into I got a FI Code SPSE . After looking into it . I found that the hydraulic, for the electric trim, has a zip tie , hovering just above the speed sensor has spiced the wires ! Anyone else run into this problem ? It obviously a easy fix,, BUT getting to the problem to make the wiring repair looks like a time consuming mission. Removing impeller housing etc. Any info would be awesome .

Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1
    Yep. Jim discovered this when he removed his ride plate. The exact same thing was happening to his ski. Lucky, he got to it before it caused any problems.

If Jim sees this thread he should be able to comment more about what he did to fix it.

Cheers, Mal.

+1
    Its an easy fix. All you need to do is reposition the rear zip tie by grabbing it and pulling it back an inch. This stretches the rubber boot a little but the zip tie is far enough from the speed sensor wiring. Hope this helps you.

Banned User
    +1
    Take it to the dealer have them fix it a faulty or shorting out sensor can cause the ecu to fry. Ask me how I know

Oh boy .. Thanks for the replies . I hope it's not to late !!! & ECU not fried. Don't seem to be . Ski still runs & operates normal . Just flashing the FI Code of course . I want to try & make repair myself . Repairing a spliced wire is no big deal. But it looks pretty difficult getting to it to make the repair. Service manual says I gotta remove a bunch of things just to get to the plug.

Can you post some pics of the wire that got cut/damaged?

Even it's a simple fix, I would take it to the selling dealer.

Prob a good idea . I tried to post pics but I can't from a iPad / iPhone . I'll figure it out!

+1
    Tommy is right, if the ski is under warranty take it back and let them deal with it. MGM its the trim cable rubbing on the speedo sensor wiring. Not hard to miss if you look into the tunnel directly above the speedo wheel.

Well.. I guess I was wrong . Trim cable was rubbing on wires but DID NOT cut all the way through . Connections are good & solid . But Still shooting a FI Speed Sensor code. (SPSE) . Back to the dealer she goes. Prob for 2-4 weeks I'm sure . FML.

Where are you located?
    Which dealer will you be taking to?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information