Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

GPR Cover - OEM or Aftermarket?

Keep in mind that this will just be a cover for when it's sitting on my floating dock that is in a very calm, no wake zone. It won't be on for trailering or long term winter storage. Just to keep the geese crap off it during the summer.

Any thoughts? I mean, $100 is way more reasonable than $220.

Suggestions on certain aftermarket ones?

Banned User
    +1
    Jet tribe or eom remember you get what u pay for

+1
    It looks like almost all of the aftermarket covers use buckles. F that. Even the Jet Tribe. That sucks.

I'll just buy an OEM and take the hit.

+1
    OEM seems to be the best fyi imho

+1
    I have bought several OEM covers, my skis are stored outside in SoCal. after year one they start to leak water through the cover. by year two they are getting thin. by year three they are ripping and need replacing.

I bought a Jettribe cover for my SUV and got 4 years out of it, one of those it was sitting in the Arizona sun. These are a much nicer cover than the OEM, and keep water out for a longer period of time. I just bought another to replace that one on my SUV. Price is comparable to an OEM one.

I will not trailer my skis with the covers on, I have found that any of them, will damage paint when trailered.

By The way the buckles are the greatest thing ever, allows me to pull the cover tight so water does not accumulate on top. They have the shock cord around them same as OEM does as well. And an added plus is they are lined with a fleece type material to protect your paint. Still won't trailer one though thats just me.

+1
    Thanks for the info Bill!

So do you think the Jettribe is sutable for use on a floating dock with just the shock cord? I'd think it would be. I don't think I'll be able to get the buckles underneath it.

Repelling water out of the foot wells longer is a huge plus for me. I thought of getting some waterproofing tent spray for it too.

+1
    The shock cord works the same as an OEM one does. The buckles are great for wind and storms, rain etc. The material they are made from is far superior to the OEM material, so yes I think it would be perfect for this.

+1
    not being controversial but I have allways trailered my yamaha's with the oem cover on ,(mud bug x 3)...never a mark , cover stayed put, and ski's were clean.....I guess the fact that Yamaha's dosnt have "paint" may make the differance ....anyway thats just me......I would still like to see a "jet tribe" cover in person.

Girls just wanna have fun! awarrick's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Pantsdown View Post
    Thanks for the info Bill!

So do you think the Jettribe is sutable for use on a floating dock with just the shock cord? I'd think it would be. I don't think I'll be able to get the buckles underneath it.

Repelling water out of the foot wells longer is a huge plus for me. I thought of getting some waterproofing tent spray for it too.
    I have a Jettribe after years of OEMs--OEMS stink! I have the buckles for my Yamaha and it sits on a jet-dock year round and you don't need the buckles. It has the elastic cord that you can tighten. I don't think I'll ever buy another oem after getting the Jettribe. Yeah, it's expensive but worth it

+1
    Just as an update, I bought an OEM. Ordered the Black/Gray and they shipped me Blue. lol I already regret not getting the Jettribe.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information