Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

speed issues and hessitation on supercharger

okay i had my 2006 rxp 215 supercharger rebuilt and the vitron seal replaced. since this time my ski has never been the same! when i take off i can only pull 6800 rpms then i can count to ten and it goes up to 7860 to 7940 the boat has 250hrs well really it has 435 but sea do replaced my motor and supercharger at 177 hrs. i have changed the fuel filter and the plugs and the injectors. i pulled the hoses off the sc and i can spin the impeller to left. not tight! i know! so i pulled it out, took it to mechanic and he says every thing is tight and looks good. i put it back in ski and was able to turn a little and then it was like it was tight and i couldn't turn it. this kept going on like it was loosing it's self while it sat there for a min or two. please any help would be great!
    Last edited by ex-upser; 06-07-2012 at 07:03 PM.

+1
    Sounds like it was not repaired correctly, did a dealership do it? Take a pic of the washers and post it, what slip did they set it to? Do you have any friends in the area you could swap chargers out with to test it and see if it is a charger issue?

+1
    Looks like slip is to low on your supercharger clutch.

what about the wrong shaft put back in & pics to come

Quote Originally Posted by richrxp View Post
    Looks like slip is to low on your supercharger clutch.
    had slip checked seems to be good. so i did a compression check and it was 125 125 & 128ish? hmm that seems low!

+1
    Not low for a supercharged Ski. They have lower compression so that they can take the pressurized air from the supercharger and not have detonation.

+1
    start ski up and get the cylinders warm and recheck, that usually brings compression numbers up.

+1
    You shouldnt be able to spin the s/c wheel, if it was fine before the rebuild then It's the s/c. Something is not right with it. You would still get rpms with low compression.....
    Where do you live?

Quote Originally Posted by suck my wake View Post
    You shouldnt be able to spin the s/c wheel, if it was fine before the rebuild then It's the s/c. Something is not right with it. You would still get rpms with low compression.....
    Where do you live?
    when the drive shaft moves? i was told im just turning the motor and drive shaft its not like i can spin it freely i can turn it & then it gets tight? & im in northern cali.

+1
    If while the supercharger is installed, you remove the intake hose and you can spin the impeller easily then the wheel is loose!!! You will not build boost and eventually it will spin out and touch the housing and wipe it out........NOW the the front of the s/c where the wheel is has nothing to do with the slip, it should be torqued to 22 ft/lbs. The slip(opposite the s/c wheel where the gear is) should have been set to or at least be at 106inch/lbs with a factory sea-doo rebuild kit. Did you have any problems with the motor besides alot of hours before you had the s/c rebuilt?? If it ran fine before the rebuild and now it doesn't then its the s/c for sure, your compression won't all of a sudden go bad.......

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information