Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No waterbox

No waterbox

I have a 2010 fzs I want it to be really loud if I run no water box what is the pros and cons of having it. Any performance increase. Also what parts do I need to buy for this to be done thank you

And forgot to write I already have a stage 1 so I already have the free flow exhaust

jims performance and ross nemo have done it.

YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    +1
    PPL have done this, i think Jet Draft also have it, you can look for jet draft build and you will find it.

Is your ski ready 1 fast sho?

I too wanted loud. I'm running the Riva Waterbox and Thru-Hull exhaust, and I will tell you that that combo is just about all I will ever need. I wasn't expecting it to be that loud, but its extremely loud and sounds great.....I considered deleting the WB but decided against it after hearing my set-up.

+1
    I run a ceramic coated gutted stock waterbox and the Riva through-hull exhaust and like Stalker said, it is all I need or want. It is loud enough to hear a couple of miles away, sounds great when riding it and doesn't drone and ring your ears after a day of riding it. I personally am very happy with the sound level it currently has and wouldn't want it any louder as it is my every day rider. If it was a drag ski, I would delete the box and run a dry straight pipe.

If you decide to go with a straight through, you may want to think about either having it exit above the waterline like Ross and Jim's setup or have a section in the exhaust under the seat loop up to or above the header height at some point to keep the water from backwashing into the headers when the ski is at rest in the water. If you notice, a most exhaust, stock or aftermarket loop up and over the pump and reach a point that is close to or higher than the headers to avoid the exhaust from filling up and possibly backwashing into the exhaust ports. Also if you plan to run it as a rec ski or longer than a drag race, you may want to have it water cooled to reduce temps. If you go the water cooled route, you also may want to consider putting a small dip in the pipe about where the waterbox was for the water to collect when at an idle and when pressure builds up from the water collecting, it will purge out of the exhaust. If you notice with most waterbox's, they have a tube that runs from the exit down to below the exhaust entrance so the box can fill to reduce noise levels at lower rpm's and when it fills enough to restrict the flow, the water is forced up and out of the box instead of allowing it to backwash up the pipe. I don't know if it will affect what you are planning to do but those are a few things to think about before doing it.

LIVING THE DREAM IN KEY WEST FLORIDA pcorpion's Avatar
    ross nemo's boat i have heard in person and that ski sounds badass iam all for it .i am thinking about doing this to mine actually.the only thing is that i would keep the rear thru hull exit .that thing will sound awsome.

YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    Is your ski ready 1 fast sho?
    it is still in tuning process but yesterday we got some nice #.

+1
    Personally, I would never run my ski with no waterbox. It helps prevent water back flowing from the exhaust into the exhaust manifold. IMO not worth the risk, just pick up the riva box.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information