01 gp1200r all around performance

so right now my motor is at carl getting a oem crank and pro x pistons and what not.. i have the old style power valves and he said they go bad so what are options for good ones? also my ski has island racing built carbs, d plate, not sure if it has the sensor? Where do i check to make sure i have it? also i have a k/n filter going into the stuck air box..is it worth to get rid of the stock air box and get the power pelnum or keep what i have? i am getting my impeller from carl and a ride plate... i really want to wake this thing up alot... i want more low end and would like to hit 70 and have good rough water hook up... so this is the list of what im thinking about doing

ir carbs
    dplate
    riva intake grate
    r/d ride plate
    mill head
    13/19 impeller
    holeshot kit
    free flow exhaust

is there anything else i should do like tdr water box, reeds,upgraded power valves, power plenum? how do you guys think this hole setup would perform

+1
    Waveeater clips first

im pretty sure i have the clips...he said i have the old style powervalves but i have clips in there and springs.. so im assuming i have the waveeater clips.would those be fine for powervalves not failing or should i get the r&d power valves?

+1
    You don't need r+d power valves. Stock ones are fine as long as you have clips on them. The clips are made to keep the pin in the end from coming off. If you take your power valve covers off and you can slide the pins out then you don't have them.

Quote Originally Posted by TX21 View Post
    You don't need r+d power valves. Stock ones are fine as long as you have clips on them. The clips are made to keep the pin in the end from coming off. If you take your power valve covers off and you can slide the pins out then you don't have them.
    alright once i get my motor back im going to check im pretty sure carl said that i have clips in it so il just double check

Thread Information