Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

F15x, What pressures are you runnning?

Trying to hear what everyone is running on there F15x, for fuel pressure at idle and max turbo pressure. Just trying to gauge what people are pushing on them with stock injectors, turbo, and fuel pump. I am running up to 17 max psi and 60lbs of fuel at idle.

+1
    Hi richard I'm glad to see you made it over to the hulk.

Since you and I last spoke I have ran between 48 and 50# FP & 15# Boost. Feels good in the plugs look good. Have done about 8 hours at these settings. This included a long 3-4 mile 80%-100% throttle run up the Mississippi.

This weekend I expect to hit 100 hours on the clock. Seems like a lot since I've only had it for about 14 months.

I fouled out a plug over the weeend, I have 60 Hours on it now and I am thinking about going down on the pressure a little as well. I am at 60lbs at idle as that is what Ramon has stated to be at. However, with all the mods I have done with the intercooler and cooling lines that Bruce had me do I am curious to see what others are running. I feel like lowering the fuel pressure a little as we talked before is ok, but I do not want a grenade to go off if you know what I mean. I am on it hard a lot, like 50% of the time. I live to race anyone on the water at anytime, win or lose. Mac seemed to think I was crazy to run 60lbs at idle when I talked to him on the phone a couple weeks ago, however he did not tell me to lower it, because I do not have a Mac kit on it if you know what I mean....I have asked Bruce several questions, and he hardly replies, I have sent him several private messages and he must be super busy I guess and he is in Australia so we are on totally different time zones....Sometimes these sites are real good talking to every day riders, but unless you buy stuff from the sellers they are probably reluctant to give up tricks. Ramon is rough to get in touch with as well as I have bought most of my mods from him.....No disrespect to anyone

+1
    Lack of a support goes hand/hand with holding on to our antiques.

Still the most under rated ski ever built IMO.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinton Robbins View Post
    Lack of a support goes hand/hand with holding on to our antiques.

Still the most under rated ski ever built IMO.
    X2
    it is my firt post ever on GH ,totally agree whit quiton robbins, the honda secret is like a religion or what?

Well I am just trying to see what other people are running on theirs. I know that a lot of people with the F15x are running mods and I am just trying to gauge where everyone is. Since a lot of time is not being spent on these skiis anymore from the aftermarket, the best thing we can do as owners is share info with each other, to better our performance....

Quote Originally Posted by richfastfords View Post
    I fouled out a plug over the weeend, I have 60 Hours on it now and I am thinking about going down on the pressure a little as well. I am at 60lbs at idle as that is what Ramon has stated to be at. However, with all the mods I have done with the intercooler and cooling lines that Bruce had me do I am curious to see what others are running. I feel like lowering the fuel pressure a little as we talked before is ok, but I do not want a grenade to go off if you know what I mean. I am on it hard a lot, like 50% of the time. I live to race anyone on the water at anytime, win or lose. Mac seemed to think I was crazy to run 60lbs at idle when I talked to him on the phone a couple weeks ago, however he did not tell me to lower it, because I do not have a Mac kit on it if you know what I mean....I have asked Bruce several questions, and he hardly replies, I have sent him several private messages and he must be super busy I guess and he is in Australia so we are on totally different time zones....Sometimes these sites are real good talking to every day riders, but unless you buy stuff from the sellers they are probably reluctant to give up tricks. Ramon is rough to get in touch with as well as I have bought most of my mods from him.....No disrespect to anyone

Sorry for not replying been a while since I have been on the boards, I think 60 psi at idle is too high the honda f15x runs around 13.5 to 1 at idle on stock fuel pressure lifting this will cause it too run richer.

It would drop it back to 45-50psi.
    i would also recommend fitment of an good quality wideband afr gauge as playing with fuel pressures can cause more problems without knowing what is actually happening to the engine.

By the way I agree the Honda community is small and we must help each other where ever we can in relation to all aspects of our craft, I am totally open ask me about anything and I will answer truthfully.

So running at 16 psi boost on stock injectors you think 50 at idle would be good, also to answer your question you asked last week. There is no bleed off at all, at wide open throttle when adjusted at 60 at idle it hits 78 lbs wide open and does not bleed off at all, just stays right at 78.

[QUOTE=richfastfords;1958682]So running at 16 psi boost on stock injectors you think 50 at idle would be good, also to answer your question you asked last week. There is no bleed off at all, at wide open throttle when adjusted at 60 at idle it hits 78 lbs wide open and does not bleed off at all, just stays right at 78.[/

50 psi is ok on idle the Honda runs a tad rich at idle anyway so lifting pressure here will only make it richer. Good to see the pressure does not drop under boost. You really need to check the afr to know is the pressure is ok.

+1
    how do you raise your boost? reprogramming only or you can go mechanic way like turbosmart or aem boost gauge whit adjustment. does it go on over boost mode if you go the mechanic way?my honda is stock need more boost,my best is 72.0mph on gps just whit ride plate ,trim ,ported grate...... stock boost.need to keep up whit other fast bombard, yam,and the kawa

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information