Newbie Primer kit install on 2000 Kawasaki 900 STX....Which fuel line to use

First time posting and owning a ski !!!!!!!!

Many boats in my past though.

Question is : installing Primer Kit to help with long starts.....I have been using the post from here....by PEVO....great info by the way.... but I see there are 2 lines going from fuel tank that run beside the carbs....One goes to the fuel filter....the other somewhere on the back side.

Do I use the one to the fuel filter to tap into ?

Another Question: What adhesive do you all recommend for sticking the wires back to the inside of the ski ? The brown adhesive that used to hold those clips on has let go !!!

THanks in advance on such a simple question !

+1
    Welcome aboard, neverdone!

That engine is equipped with the CV carbs. Do NOT remove the chokes to install primers on that engine. It will run uncontrollably lean and is likely to damage the engine. Instead, remove the balance tube that runs across the intake manifold and drill/tap the elbow fittings on each end to accept a 1/8" NPT fitting. Install a couple of 1/8" NPT x 1/8" barb fittings and hook those to the primer plunger.

That model also does not have a Reserve fuel supply line, only supply and return. You'll have to splice into the supply line.

To reattach the wire supports, clean the area with a volatile solvent, such as lacquer thinner. Clean the tie-wrap holder and sand it to rough up the surface. Glue it in place with 3M 5200 adhesive and put a piece of tape over it until it cures. Standard 5200 takes a week to cure, the quick-dry version can still take a couple of days.

Thanks for help

Thanks for the advice. Leaving choke installed. I'm not sure what the "balance tube" is, so I will be installing barbed fitting just below each flame arrestor...just like PEVO's post shows.

3M 5200 fast drying......is what I'll use....Thanks !! Great idea to tape them down to keep in place for longer cure time !

+1
    This is what I did on my Ultra:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Primers, Intake Manifold 1.JPG 
Views:	409 
Size:	166.6 KB 
ID:	273865

On my 1100, I just drilled and tapped holes in each brass elbow.

The nice thing about doing it this way is that you don't have to jack with the primers when you take the carbs off.

Thread Information