Thread: Changing Plugs

Changing Plugs

Getting ready to change my plugs and was wondering, after I disconnect the wiring harness from the ignition coil, do I just grab the rubber base of the ignition coil and pull it straight out? Does the plug just push out of the ignition coil from there? Also, I only found in the manual to hand tighten and torque a 1/4 turn. Any certain ftlb?

+1
    you'll want to twist it out.

blow the hole out before you remove the plug to keep crap from falling into the engine.

i unscrew the plug with the socket then use the coil boot to pull the plug out.

when i insert the new plug again i use the boot to drop the plug in the hole and give it a few turns then tighten with the socket. I remove the rubber piece from the socket set to prevent it from sticking on the plug. maybe you have a better set.

I see someone liked "Napolean Dynamite" My wife and I watched it last week. Pretty cool!!

Mike,

Thanks for that info. I was all ready but I wasn't sure how to remove the rubber mounted ignition coil though. Thanks again....

OK,

I have never changed plugs in a car, let alone my doo. This might be a really dumb question, but, I have gotta ask. The plugs I am getting ready to put in have this copper looking screw on top of the plug, which makes the tip bigger. The stock plugs do not have that on them, so the tip is smaler. Do I remove the copper looking screw from the new plug so it looks like the stock, leave it on, or does it not matter?

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil
    OK,

I have never changed plugs in a car, let alone my doo. This might be a really dumb question, but, I have gotta ask. The plugs I am getting ready to put in have this copper looking screw on top of the plug, which makes the tip bigger. The stock plugs do not have that on them, so the tip is smaler. Do I remove the copper looking screw from the new plug so it looks like the stock, leave it on, or does it not matter?
    unscrew that little cap on the end.... that's what ya gota do.. if you don't i don't even think the plug will go in properly...

i know that's the case on the NA 4-tec... i imagine all seadoo 4-tecs are the same.... so yea remove that piece

According to the manual they should be tightened to 18 nm or 159 lbf in.

Thread Information