Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Newbie w/'05 VX110 Sport

Hello Folks,

I just purchased an '05 VX110 (32hrs) and had a few questions:

1. On the first (only thus far) outing, it would only go 40mph and I've read these should be somewhere around 54mph. I understand water conditions affect the ability to lay down the power, but I don't have a feel for how rough it needs to be before it starts slowing down. I'll post a pic at the bottom, but it's a bit deceiving because it more smooth in the cove. It felt pretty smooth, I'd estimate 6" 'ripples' across the lake from a gentle breeze. Also note that this lake is at about 5500' elevation. Does the elevation and ripples sound reasonable to gobble up 14mph?

2. There is a vent hose that vents under the seat on the stbd side. The other end is disconnected and I have no clue where it goes. I can grab a photo tomorrow, but I'll post an image from the manual. Any ideas?

3. I towed the kid around on the tube for a little bit and that water stream from the deck pretty much lands right on her face. Are there any devices that allow you to change the trajectory of the stream?
    Last edited by corndog; 07-23-2012 at 02:01 PM.

+1
    For the back spray you can just take the hose off of the jet pump that goes to the deck outlet.Or cut the hose and put a ball valve so you can turn it on and off when you want.I can post a pic tomarrow if you need more info.As far as the vent hose I need a pic cause im not familiar with that model.The 6" ripples should not scrub 14mph.I would make shure their is nothin stuck in tour prop and pump.

+1

+1
    Change your spark plugs. It may be something as simple as that.

that vent hose may be off your battery--it vents the gasses of the battery outside--on my FX, I have a small hose (tube) going from my battery to an outside vent right where this is on your ski--not sure whether the VX is the same as the FX

Quote Originally Posted by jetboater View Post
    that vent hose may be off your battery--it vents the gasses of the battery outside--on my FX, I have a small hose (tube) going from my battery to an outside vent right where this is on your ski--not sure whether the VX is the same as the FX
    its a vent for battery if its a aftermarket one like a riva one it will not have breather on battery

Quote Originally Posted by corndog View Post
    Hello Folks,

I just purchased an '05 VX110 (32hrs) and had a few questions:

1. On the first (only thus far) outing, it would only go 40mph and I've read these should be somewhere around 54mph. I understand water conditions affect the ability to lay down the power, but I don't have a feel for how rough it needs to be before it starts slowing down. I'll post a pic at the bottom, but it's a bit deceiving because it more smooth in the cove. It felt pretty smooth, I'd estimate 6" 'ripples' across the lake from a gentle breeze. Also note that this lake is at about 5500' elevation. Does the elevation and ripples sound reasonable to gobble up 14mph?

2. There is a vent hose that vents under the seat on the stbd side. The other end is disconnected and I have no clue where it goes. I can grab a photo tomorrow, but I'll post an image from the manual. Any ideas?

3. I towed the kid around on the tube for a little bit and that water stream from the deck pretty much lands right on her face. Are there any devices that allow you to change the trajectory of the stream?

change plugs and check prop and wear ring

Badass! Thanks so much guys! I didn't realize the water stream was only for visual safety, that will be easy to deal with, awesome. I bet that hose is for the battery, that makes perfect sense. A new battery was just installed and the hose would be about the right length to reach it. I'll change the plugs and check the prop. I don't know what the wear ring is, but I'll do some searching on the forums and in the manual. Thanks again!

as fast08 mentioned, some batteries don't need to be vented and thus don't have the connection for that tube--a "traditional" OEM battery would typically have it but the AGM batteries are usually sealed and aren't vented.

+1
    It's always the plugs on these........you can't tell they are fouled just by looking at them either......always change them first if not reaching full rpm or speed. Also check oil is not overfilled & has fouled air filter. Always check when hot........midway between marks is good.......no higher! Loose hose is definately for the battery.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information