Stuck needle valve??

I just rebuilt carb on 01 Gp1200r, started right up, went out and it ran great, now it runs like crap, like its not running on a cylinder, I think the needle valve in carb is stuck because when I was pulling the seat out I scored it with the plyers, do u think a stuck needle valve could be the culprit??

i know i was dumb to put it back togteher like that but i just was so anxious to hear it start, well i learned a lesson, if ur doing it, do it right!, but to add to this prob when it is running i pulled each plug wire off n it still ran wwhen i did the first two, but completely stalled when i did it to the rear cylinder, which con fuses me even more because that is the cylinder with the messed up valve seat, and that is also the cylinder getting the warmest, i checked spark and i am getting spark on all three, im just confused now, guess i am just going to have take the carbs out again and see if i can see anything visable

Maybe this will help. Your situation sounds familar. I installed a s/b in an SUV several years ago. After I don't know how many hours, it eventually burnt up the mag cyl. I installed another s/b a week or so ago and it ran fair for break in. THen, it would not get up on plane. I did find some probs when I yanked the carbs. Check here: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=177516

I just noticed my cat is shot and loose I just ordered a dplate I'm wondering if that could be the problem right there

I'm also thinking my fuel selector is bad because it is very hard to turn and when I did turn it, it ran good again for a little bit idk, but if it still isn't running right after all this I'm selling the thing

Thread Information