Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

newbie here, 03 gtx SC exhaust??

hi all, i am new here, but been reading for a while, lots of great info on the 4tecs, tons of cool mods to make them go faster!!!
    my first question is for my 03 gtx SC
    the exhaust system is complicated and cluttered. i wanna simplify it big time, after seeing the great shorty boxes and simple pipe jobs here, i know i have to do this for the spring.
    i wanna keep the stock exhaust outlet which is on the same side as the Jpipe, keep the stock #1 waterbox, but eliminate everything else!! theres ALOT of it too.
    is the 03 waterbox the same on the inside as the newer ones??
    my main question is what shape pipe should i run from the waterbox exit to the exhaust thru-hull. it will be probably sorta an upside down "U" with some bends to mate the two ports together. do i need any specific loop higher in the hull? from the looks of other setups here, theres no loop required for water backing up into the waterbox?? can i use rubber hose for the piping or do i need to get a custom bent aluminum or stainless pipe made?? i will have lots of excess rubber hoses when i pull out the stock system.
    also are there any specific waterbox mods i need to do inside the box. if i dont want to shorten it yet, is it still ok internally?? i assume the exit pipe reaches to the bottom of the waterbox for good water evacuation, do i need to cut the baffles?? shorten the inlet pipe inside the waterbox??
    should i just do the "shorty" mod now??
    i am hoping someone who has done the waterbox mods, and custom piped their ski, might have an 03 gtx SC to look at, and make suggestions
    cuz this stock exhaust system is FUGLY!!
    if you check out the microfiche for the 03 gtx sc you will see what i am dealing with!!

the 03 stock exhuast outlet is on the left 04 and newer are on the right u can put a through hull if u want but i don't know if anybodymakes a power pipe 4 it u might halft 2 have a custom pipe made i bought a used 05 rxt water box & put in mine t get rid of some of the clutter

+1
    Welcome, where are you located?

I had a 03 but never did mod the exhaust I think it has 2 boxes which is the only year they did that I think maybe 02 also, there are a couple of guys who have heavily moddes their 03`s so I am sure they will chime in

+1
    i live outside philly but ride down in south jersey, brigantine to be exact. very close to atlantic city...
    i can probably make a custom pipe from all the parts i will have left over after gutting it. but wondering on a good pipe curvature... keep it as short as possible?? longer with a loop high in the hull? elbows or smooth bends?? etc. rubber or aluminum or stainless steel or copper? i got alot of copper pieces, i know it would look crappy, but its free and anything is better than the cluttered system thats there now, any problem with copper?

+1
    I had mine modified before I went thru hull....

+1
    how did you modify it??

Yo Lextoy, whasssup dude!!! Hows Oxana? ...PR...

+1
    hahaha!!! i see you noticed us! PR, everything is good here, finally got a bigger ski for the girls, now that they are both here, needed somethin to fit all 3 of us. just want to get it ready before summer hits. did you get your ski all fixed up, as i recall you messed it up pretty good???

Quote Originally Posted by lextoy View Post
    as i recall you messed it up pretty good???
    well your boys over at PPG f`d up the SC and then it was all down hill from there and 25 hours later the engine is sh!t...PR...

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by lextoy View Post
    hi all, i am new here, but been reading for a while, lots of great info on the 4tecs, tons of cool mods to make them go faster!!!
    my first question is for my 03 gtx SC
    the exhaust system is complicated and cluttered. i wanna simplify it big time, after seeing the great shorty boxes and simple pipe jobs here, i know i have to do this for the spring.
    i wanna keep the stock exhaust outlet which is on the same side as the Jpipe, keep the stock #1 waterbox, but eliminate everything else!! theres ALOT of it too.
    is the 03 waterbox the same on the inside as the newer ones??
    my main question is what shape pipe should i run from the waterbox exit to the exhaust thru-hull. it will be probably sorta an upside down "U" with some bends to mate the two ports together. do i need any specific loop higher in the hull? from the looks of other setups here, theres no loop required for water backing up into the waterbox?? can i use rubber hose for the piping or do i need to get a custom bent aluminum or stainless pipe made?? i will have lots of excess rubber hoses when i pull out the stock system.
    also are there any specific waterbox mods i need to do inside the box. if i dont want to shorten it yet, is it still ok internally?? i assume the exit pipe reaches to the bottom of the waterbox for good water evacuation, do i need to cut the baffles?? shorten the inlet pipe inside the waterbox??
    should i just do the "shorty" mod now??
    i am hoping someone who has done the waterbox mods, and custom piped their ski, might have an 03 gtx SC to look at, and make suggestions
    cuz this stock exhaust system is FUGLY!!
    if you check out the microfiche for the 03 gtx sc you will see what i am dealing with!!

I would have chosen the name "lex luthor", but oh well....WELCOME MY BROTHA! how's the wife and her sis? nice avatar by the way...

I know of your exhaust problem, and I am working on something right now that MIGHT help you out ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information