Could Anyone Answer this for me? RXPX question

If I add a Les Cooke cool air kit and remove the flame arrestor from my 2010 and 2011 RXPXs will the skis run lean? A local performance shop mentioned that the skis would need a ECU flash or something to compensate for the fuel. Is this true?

+1
    ask les cooke or add a afr gage and you will know

+1
    In principal yes, If your modification to the exhaust produced more volumetric effieciency (which it should have) because currently no Jet Ski is closed loop (which means it monitors the exhaust (either with a oxygen sensor or Exhaust Temp) and uses that info to adjust the fuel injected) it would run lean. thats why putting on air/exhaust improvements without the correct fuel compensation provides very small gains but on cars where the computer will compensate for the improvements by making adjustments to injector pulse length a more reasonable gain can be acheived without further tuning.

But instead of a tune you could add a fuel pressure regulator and buy or borrow a wideband O2 sensor and you could dial in you fuel/air ratio by increasing your fuel pressure. This is not as good as a tune in someways because it will increase the fuel the same across the rpm band and it is hardly likely your new increases are even across the rpm band.

Heres the catch though your tune unless it is done on your machine with an O2 its just someones best guess for your machine.

Thats why I'm waiting for the RIVA Athena and then you can tweak the tune yourselve when you install a Wideband! It will be optimised on your machine!

+1
    They are lean from the factory so yes. What is debatable is that with a stock ecu and sc is there even a reason to be worried.

With all this being said, why does the Riva stage 1 package come with a cool air kit and nothing in the form of fuel enrichment? Keep in mind I am trying to learn a bit more about this.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by S-351 View Post
    With all this being said, why does the Riva stage 1 package come with a cool air kit and nothing in the form of fuel enrichment? Keep in mind I am trying to learn a bit more about this.
    Because its not needed. I have been running a Riva stg1 on my RXTX for 3+ years and 150+ hrs with no problems.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    Because its not needed. I have been running a Riva stg1 on my RXTX for 3+ years and 150+ hrs with no problems.
    +1. You will be fine!! People suggesting to install a wideband are over complicating things.

Thread Information