Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Exclamation Advice needed here guys!!!

First I'm new PWC, unfort, but hopefully that will all come to an end soon. I'm looking into buying a 2006 seadoo rtx. It has 120 hours on it. now, the guy selling it has informed me he had to put a new computer in b/c he had lost his key. I haven't gotten a chance to see this machine in person, but from the pics, it looks emaculate. Now, he's asking 6500 for it. But when i asked him if he has done anything to it, like updating anything, or the washers, he has not. Should this be a set back for me? Any help is appreciated here guys, thank you in advance!

+1
    There is no need to change the ECU for a lost key. Sounds fishy.

+1
    my fallback is i have no one i can take w/me that knows enough 'bout these things to assist me so its gonna have to be up to me. I asked him again bout the cpu and he said it went bad and wouldn't program a new key when he lost his.......does this sound legit?

+1
    should this be a deal breaker?????

6500 is a bit much for a 2006.

Maybe thats what the stealership told him to get some money off him, I wouldnt doubt it. I bought my 06 RXP last summer with 84 hrs on it and the previous owner had never replaced the ceramic washers either, didnt know anything about it... Took the Ski to snoman before 100 hrs and had the whole SC rebuilt and its been trouble free. Id just test ride it first to make sure it runs normal. Everyone on here has got to try and remember, not everyone who owns these is on here or knows a lot about them so there are some out there still running ceramic washers and may have had work done like mentioned above and the owner is none the wiser to what he/she is being charged for. I wouldnt call it all so fishy all the time...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 8 is enough View Post
    I offered him 5500 and he would only go to 6k

Quote Originally Posted by LSXHP View Post
    Maybe thats what the stealership told him to get some money off him, I wouldnt doubt it. I bought my 06 RXP last summer with 84 hrs on it and the previous owner had never replaced the ceramic washers either, didnt know anything about it... Took the Ski to snoman before 100 hrs and had the whole SC rebuilt and its been trouble free. Id just test ride it first to make sure it runs normal. Everyone on here has got to try and remember, not everyone who owns these is on here or knows a lot about them so there are some out there still running ceramic washers and may have had work done like mentioned above and the owner is none the wiser to what he/she is being charged for. I wouldnt call it all so fishy all the time...
    I totally agree and understand, hence why I'm here. If im going to do this, I want to do it right, know what i mean. THere's another one im looking at thats a 09 that has 42 hrs and its a RXT 255. Everything has been done to this baby, and he's asking 8700 for it.

Quote Originally Posted by 8 is enough View Post

IDK....There is an 04 RXP locally with 84 hrs on it he is asking 8500...and I think its sold now too! High demand this time of yr. There are no other RXP or RXT's FS around here and I live in the chicagoland area usually there is a lot of variety.

Quote Originally Posted by darkangel33 View Post
    I offered him 5500 and he would only go to 6k

I totally agree and understand, hence why I'm here. If im going to do this, I want to do it right, know what i mean. THere's another one im looking at thats a 09 that has 42 hrs and its a RXT 255. Everything has been done to this baby, and he's asking 8700 for it.
    All depends what ya can find. We recently found what I consider to be a STEAL, my brother picked it up. 08 RXT-X 255 with 30 hours on it mint condition we got it for 8k out the door from a local dealer. They cannot finance used watercraft so there more willing to move on the price. That was with no trailer though but we already had a trailer so no big deal. The last RXT-X 255 I seen FS around here was a month ago for 9500 with 50 hours I think it was and its gone. Id see how low you can get the guy down on the X, Your going to want to rebuild the SC and that will update the washers but I'd figure that cost into the purchase price of the 06.

+1
    Okay w/that being said, my heart is literally set on this ski. And i called a dealer to ask what they would charge for this, and he said i'd need to buy the entire kit, not just the washers, and that would cost me 'bout 300 plus labor which would total 'bout 700....are you effin kidding me???? does this even sound right to you guys????

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information