Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: HELP Please...

  1. #1
    Pritchard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Haw River NC

    HELP Please...

    I have a 1998 Polaris SLTH which died suddenly on the water. It was getting no spark. I replaced the old ignition system with the upgrade kit yesterday and got the ski running again, only when black/yellow kill switch wire was disconnected. But at least it started and ran. Happy times!

    Went out today to try and start the ski. Nothing. Battery was completely dead, 0 volts. This was a strong AGM fully charged battery the night before. I have tried another fully charged battery and still, NO SPARK. I switched the red/purple wire that supplies power to the CDI over to the oragne switched power terminal on the board as suggested by the service manual. Nothing...

    What could have drained the battery?
    Any ideas on why it ran last night and not today?

    I really need some help with this one. Thanks guys.


  2. #2
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Milwaukee WI
    If it ran with the kill switch disconnected, you have an issue with the switch or the wiring.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts