Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2005 r12x vs 2009 kawy stx15f

hi guys i finally registered after reading for a while on this site, lots of great info! i just bought a black 05 r12x havent even had a chance to go try it out yet lol, been in my garage for 2 month, heading down to my cottage in about 2 weeks, cant wait. Now its all stock for now and will mainly be ridden on my cottages small lake. i have a friend that has a 2009 kawy stx 15f and another one that just bought a 2011 brp 3 seater with 155hp, dont rememeber if its a gti or gtx.. anyhow, id like to know if any of you guys have raced these 2 skis with a r12x and what was the outcome. If the r12x is faster it will stay stock as it will be plenty fast for my lake, BUT if any of these 2 skis are faster or too close... then ill mod it. i already have the plan in my head, macboost module with a meth kit. I could put a f-con, but dont want to spend time figuring out the voltage...ive been thinkering with turbos for years..but this is my vacation toy and dont want to have to get my hands dirty more than i have to.lol. i tried searching on youtube for vids of r12x vs brp 155 and vs stx15f without succes, hope you guys have feedback!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by turbor View Post
    hi guys i finally registered after reading for a while on this site, lots of great info! i just bought a black 05 r12x havent even had a chance to go try it out yet lol, been in my garage for 2 month, heading down to my cottage in about 2 weeks, cant wait. Now its all stock for now and will mainly be ridden on my cottages small lake. i have a friend that has a 2009 kawy stx 15f and another one that just bought a 2011 brp 3 seater with 155hp, dont rememeber if its a gti or gtx.. anyhow, id like to know if any of you guys have raced these 2 skis with a r12x and what was the outcome. If the r12x is faster it will stay stock as it will be plenty fast for my lake, BUT if any of these 2 skis are faster or too close... then ill mod it. i already have the plan in my head, macboost module with a meth kit. I could put a f-con, but dont want to spend time figuring out the voltage...ive been thinkering with turbos for years..but this is my vacation toy and dont want to have to get my hands dirty more than i have to.lol. i tried searching on youtube for vids of r12x vs brp 155 and vs stx15f without succes, hope you guys have feedback!
    You should be just a step ahead of either of those skis. Top speed might be iffy but you should have them in acceleration.

Unless you are very savvy with methanol injection kits,,,, well are you?

thats what i think, that i should be just a step ahead, but id like confirmation lol so i dont loose the first confrontation!!! why dont you recoomend i install a meth kit? yes i have lots of experience with meth kits..been running one on my trail/race snowmobile for a couple of years....made in excess of 450 hp out of a 1100cc autronics stand alone ecu. I could make this ski fast if i wanted too, but dont want to spend the $budget is tight got too many other toys, nor do i have the time, id like to go on vacation and keep my hands clean for once lol ( TRY i said damm desease hahaha) I think meth inj is just the ticket to be able to raise the boost safely without knock and not running race gas.

+1
    Well sounds like you can make it work. I have only seen a meth kit on one r12x so my experience is limited, but the outcome was less than stellar.

I have raced plenty of 155 Seadoos before I was modded. I easily ran away from all of them racing from idle speed.
    Some complain about the turbo lag on the 12X skis , but it is not bad enough even during the hole shot for the 155 seadoos skis to have any advantage at all.

I have never raced a STF15 ,but I hear they have a strong hole shot. It might be close with one of those leaving the line ,but I suspect a stock healthy 12X will take the lead after about 30 mph.

Top speed for a STF15 ,and R12X is very close. 61-62 mph.

Now if you Race the STF15 say starting at 15 mph I am very sure you will run away from him since the Turbo will already be spooled up.

cool exactly what i wanted to hear! how about after you installed the macboost module?

The MB module will help for sure. Stronger acceleration and 1-2 mph up top. When you do an intercooler is when you'll see some impressive gains in hole shot, acceleration, and top speed in combination with the module.

Quote Originally Posted by turbor View Post
    cool exactly what i wanted to hear! how about after you installed the macboost module?

When I was Bone stock I was able to destroy Seadoo 155's in terms of acceleration as well as the Yamaha FXHO 160.
    Those were the only skis I raced while stock that have comparable stock advertised HP.

After I had just the Macsboost module I raced my buddys 07 RXP 215 pretty frequently ,and from idle speed he would jump a length ahead instantly but I could keep pace until about 60 ,and then he would walk away.
    I also ran a 03 GTX S/C 185 several times with the module ,and I easily had 3 lengths on him by the time we stopped.

Once I got the Torque Solution Intercooler, The RXP 215 was no longer able to walk away.
    As I sit now, racing the RXP 215 he gets maybe a half length if that from the start ,but I am actually able to get my nose with his nose around 30 mph and maintain pace with him. I cannot pass him ,but I can stay beside him so I'm happy with that.

This may have been a unique case ,but it did happen.
    I also raced a 08 FX SHO. We went from idle speed ,and I expected him to leave me sitting at the line, but somehow I pulled ,and maintained a length on him for maybe a 1/8 mile run. Had we continued to run longer I think he would have eventually passed me slowly.
    This was twice in a row.

Maybe something was wrong with his ski or maybe he had horrible reaction time , but it did happen. He said it had about 25 hours on it.

+1
    I own the "less than steller" r12x referred to .........
    In terms of potential and reading admoble's post meth does help along with some prop mods. My ski will out launch a rxp255 and steadily pull him to about a 4boat lead by 1/4mile on smooth water .
    It launches harder and pulls away from a stock f15x
    Tried to run a 2012rxtx260 (4hrs old)but he was 2proud to be beat by a 04 ski ( tho I realize he would had got me on topend,)
    Out launch a 72mph gp1300r for all around and we r dead even @1/4 mile
    I use about 2gal of 50%/50% meth with a tank of gas @14.5psi of boost

Yeah I am still running the stock prop to. A Proper aftermarket prop would probably be a great addition for my ski, but I've decided not to put any more money in this one ,and I'm going to take a chance on a new RXPX 260 next year. ( Biting nails )

I really wish Honda would have would have stayed in the game.

I didn't think it was worth mentioning but I also raced a at the time brand new RXTX 260. It was February so no one was on the lake.
    I'm minding my own business ,and he turns around and chases me down.

At the time I only had the module with the stock I/C , but the water was very cold so I was still able to get into the 6400ish rpm range.
    From a stop I had no trouble at all staying right beside him until 60ish where he would easily walk away.

We were both shaking our heads ,and he was a little disappointed.
    After doing some research and learning about Sea-doos restriction of power until 5 or so hours it was clear that he was not broken in ,and reaching his full potential. He only had about 3 hours on his ski I believe.

Probably didn't have it in sport mode either.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information