Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thinking of trading in 15F for VXR: Best Price and Opinions

So I think I’m going to bite the bullet and purchase a VXR/VXS; I currently own a 15f that is a bit long in the tooth and will be trading it in. From what I have read on posts, the VXR is almost everything the 15F is except more; quicker and slighter better in chop. My concerns are as follows:

1. Anyone have opinions which seat is more comfortable? I’m 6’ and the seats on the VXR felt just a bit cramped (dealer did NOT have a VXS in stock to compare).
    2. The best price the dealer would offer was 10,300 OTD. This did NOT include taxes which of course very from place to place.
    3. Most of my riding would be on the Hudson River, with an occasional foray off shore weather permitting.
    4. And last but not least, storage. As anyone that owns a VXR/VXS can attest to, storage is a premium. Any recommendations as to how to improve upon it?

I live in the New York City area so any input into dealer recommendations and prices would be appreciated.

+1
    10 three is about right , you can actually sit on the bump in the seat and it squishes down. The VXR riding position seems to put you more forward than other ski's , there is an aftermarket bucket that fits under the seat for x-tra storage , but the seat is so long I dont see how you can get to the x-tra storage with out the seat or yourself falling in the water. big boy's usually opt for the VXS as the seat is flatter..............these ski's dont stay at the dealer very long around here (Texas) we bought two and had to do dealer transfers just to get a pair of carbon 2012's...............very good bang for the buck ski. enjoy !

+1
    I had a 2006 15F with a RIVA RPM package and couple other things and a friend that I ride all the time with now has a VXS. I truly think the VXS is better in every way compared to a 15F. The only thing the 15F is better at is fuel mileage.

Thanks for the input. I've been looking at some sort of saddle bag for extra storage: something to put an anchor, lines, and a couple of towels.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner View Post
    Thanks for the input. I've been looking at some sort of saddle bag for extra storage: something to put an anchor, lines, and a couple of towels.
    I bought some saddle bags from Parker Yamaha for the 15F. I only used them a few times kinda of got in the way. Good for a long cruise, though.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    All that will fit up front easy plus more....while it doesnt have the most storage out there, its decent if you add the under seat bucket for stuff you dont need to get to to often...its a little bit of a pain to get into it compared to a 2 piece seat but you or the seat isnt going to fall over board.......I had a 15f for 4 years....this ski is twice what a 15f is / was...I dont know where they say the 15f gets better mileage....I have to give it to the VXs/r its a good all around river/ lake ski.....

I presently own a 2008 15F with 280 hours on it. Was mostly trouble free until now. Started taking on water and discovered that the carrier bearings and pump bearings have had their last spin. Hope to get it replaced under extended warranty; we shall see if the "Good times roll."

On and the dealer told me it would cost aprox. $2,000 to have the bearings replaced.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner View Post
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1661

+1
    yamaha sells a storage/beer cooler that hooks to the rear grab handle

+1
    $10,300 is a good price. I paid just a little over that for my VXR. Where do you launch from? I'm on Long Island. Also I'm 6" and fell very comfortable on the VXR's seat even though I stand a good portion of my rides.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information