+1

Lake Saint Clair stole my trim nozzle!

Was out in the lake jumping waves today and the trim nozzle left the ski. Let me tell ya, that was pretty scary trying to turn and NOTHING! I stopped, jumped off, looked under the ski and realized that was the problem. I sheared the cotter pin and the trim lever fell out and the rest is on the bottom of the lake. I limped to shore, checked everything else out, found nothing and limped home about 3 more miles home. I might have hit something in the water. Not sure.

I had to use my right foot dragging in the water to keep the ski straight (Make shift rudder!). the torque of the motor makes the ski go to the left. Pulled it out, went home and replaced the missing parts and its back together. Always something going on around here. Good thing I wasn't near a dock or another boat. Time to eject otherwise.

I also think I sheared the woodruff key AGAIN!!!!! too. A little hard starting and lost some speed. I plan on swapping to the other motor I have and that race cdi Paul sold me with the motor. Maybe jumping waves is not such a good idea with this ski.

This current motor has a slight vertical groove in the Cen, the Pto has a few deto spots ( from the first time running it), the Mag is perfect and the 110 psi just pisses me off so its coming out.. Then the brandy new engine goes in. Eh, why not, I want to see what it will do anyways. The exhaust valve that was broke when I got is fixed and the third pulse line hole in the case is welded shut and smoothed out. its ready to be put in. Just need some carb gaskets and sealant.

Those short pipes might even work better with the Racing cdi too. I'm hoping.

I'D RATHER SWEAT THAN SHIVER hyoctane23's Avatar
    +1
    You seem to have no luck on your Pro...just like me LOL.

I want to see some pics!

+1
    Its already fixed. All the parts are on the bottom of the lake somewhere..lol All the parts from Chopper911 I won from his ebay auction hooked me up. I have a lot of parts to fix any of the skis. I think i have 4 trim nozzle setups. Go ahead, break,, I'll fix your ass,,lol

Heres an interesting note on trim nozzles: Theres 2 ways to attach the trim nozzle rod.. first set up is...where the trim rod goes into the trim nozzle, there isn't that large silver pin. The one I had to work with had a small bushing that goes into the hole, then a thin long bolt, then 2 washers and finally a nylon nut. On the top of it goes that wobble threaded type ferrel on it. to use this, you would need both ends of the trim rod threaded. I took all that off and replaced it with the following like it had before.

The other one is just the larger metal insert with a cotter pin. it must be a newer style. theres 2 cotter pins- 1 for the trim rod and the other goes on the bottom of the insert to keep it in place. I used some spring steel rod and made my own pin for it.

I'll take a video of the older style to show ya what it looks like.

+1
    Heres the video. I had another trim nozzle to look at and seen that this nozzle has a different type than the first 2 I mentioned. this one has a c-clip with a groove in the silver insert.. Nows theres 3 types I know of..

Thread Information