Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1

    Seadoo not starting with new motor?!

    Hi all,
    I have a 1997 seadoo gsx with a 787. The original motor was bad so I replaced it with a new one. The new one fired right up and ran great. I took it out to the water and it would go full speed then bog down. Then go full speed again. I thought that I would clean the carbs. I also took out the drive gear for the oil pump and premixed the gas. The ski started up and ran fine. Then we shut it off and my dad left the hose on for a few seconds after it was off. Now the ski will not start at all.

    When the crank is turned, this white mist comes out but also this black fluid(oil(I'm using blue ouil fyi)) comes out of the holes. It seems like it keeps coming and coming and doesnt want to all come out. Am I looking at bad seals, flooded engine, carbs leaking? I'm soo mad that I even messed with it now.


  2. #2
    flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mahomet, Il. USA
    Posts
    6,004
    +1
    163
    sounds like your oil pump isnt set. when the oil pump cable is off the pump goes to full on. your getting flooded with oil and fouling the plugs. I bet your plugs are covered in oil.

  3. #3
    Your looking at a water flooded engine... The black fluid is the premix oil coming out with the water..

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    sounds like your oil pump isnt set. when the oil pump cable is off the pump goes to full on. your getting flooded with oil and fouling the plugs. I bet your plugs are covered in oil.
    Hmmm, My oil pump cable is just set off to the side because I took out the drive gear. I thought you didn't need a block off plate in all reality. How can I fix this, do I need the block off plate? And yes, sometimes when I pull the plugs there is oil between the gap and must be cleaned off.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by KYHI View Post
    Your looking at a water flooded engine... The black fluid is the premix oil coming out with the water..
    I figured it was this, but it seems like it just keeps coming and coming like its an endless well lol

  6. #6
    You just got to keep cranking it with the plug out and keep blowing the plugs dry.. You can even use a little starting fluid to get it to pop..

    You really want to get it started and run it, before rust sets in..

  7. #7
    I have been trying to crank it. I sit there for at least an hour today cranking and I tried cleaning the plug and spraying starting fluid in the cylinder, no pop...
    It just seems like it keeps refilling, should I be holding the throttle all the way open, I heard this will cut all gas to the engine.

  8. #8
    Holding the throttle open helps a lot to draw air into the bottom of the cylinders..

  9. #9
    surferd15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    1,142
    +1
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by chipndip829 View Post
    I have been trying to crank it. I sit there for at least an hour today cranking and I tried cleaning the plug and spraying starting fluid in the cylinder, no pop...
    It just seems like it keeps refilling, should I be holding the throttle all the way open, I heard this will cut all gas to the engine.
    thats on the 4 strokes, holding throttle open gives you gas. Have you changed plugs? If they are oil covered it wont fire. Change or clean plugs with carb or brake clean. Crank with plugs out after you ground plug wires. To get oil etc out. Then put a teaspoon or so, of gas in each hole. Then put plugs in, attach wires, and fire up. It should fire off the fuel so give it gas when it sounds like its gonna die. Is the oil lines still connected to the pump, the one that goes to the oil tank? Did you leave the other oil lines that feed the rotary valve in place? I doubt ur engine flooded with water if it was only a few seconds. When I was new, I ran the water w/o engine running for mins. No flood.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by surferd15 View Post
    thats on the 4 strokes, holding throttle open gives you gas. Have you changed plugs? If they are oil covered it wont fire. Change or clean plugs with carb or brake clean. Crank with plugs out after you ground plug wires. To get oil etc out. Then put a teaspoon or so, of gas in each hole. Then put plugs in, attach wires, and fire up. It should fire off the fuel so give it gas when it sounds like its gonna die. Is the oil lines still connected to the pump, the one that goes to the oil tank? Did you leave the other oil lines that feed the rotary valve in place? I doubt ur engine flooded with water if it was only a few seconds. When I was new, I ran the water w/o engine running for mins. No flood.

    All of the oil lines are still attached. The two that go to the crank and the one that goes to the pump to the two lines that go to the rotary valve. Should the lines that feed the valve be disconnected or should I actually get the block off plate? Reason I did this was the spring on my oil pump is bent out of place and I dont trust the pump.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FS SOLD - GTX 4-tec with new motor - San Diego, CA
    By wreckingball in forum Sea Doo 4Tec Skis
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-22-2012, 06:20 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-20-2011, 12:27 PM
  3. 98 Seadoo with new motor runs like crap
    By offroadinjersey in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-10-2009, 06:07 AM
  4. F12X With new motor getting F1 Codes?
    By water_junkie in forum Honda How To & FAQs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 10:54 PM
  5. Was not impressed with new IC any ideas??
    By 1 FAST VE in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-10-2005, 11:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •