Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Advice please: RXT-X260 or RXP-X260

i want to trade my 2007 RXT 215 in for either a RXT-X260 or RXP-X260. Which model is better for my needs:

1) I ride on a medium size freshwater lake
    2) I like to jump wakes and do power turns (push me and the machine to our limits )
    3) I often take my 12 year old son or wife for a ride, but have little need to take both at the same time.
    4) I am considering doing some pwc touring with my wife as a passenger (longer trips)
    5) little to no need to pull a tube or skier, as i also have a SeaDoo boat.
    6) I appreciate the latest technology, and the new hulls look great!

which ride is better for my purposes?

Thanks,

+1
    Rxtx is a family sport machine.
    Rxpx is a race ski.
    They are both very fast.
    Both will corner like they are on rails.
    Px would be better for wake jumping.
    Tx would be better for long trips.
    It's your $$$ and these are my thoughts about the performance.

Primary Language: Sarcasm Pony Racer's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post
    Rxpx is a race ski.
    They are both very fast.
    +1

with the right wake you can make the t-x fly i found 40'+ sea-ray's give me some nice air time..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post
    Rxpx is a race ski.
    They are both very fast.
    Exactly this, but I have seen some TX's that can fly off wakes too. Riding 2 up on the PX isn't a problem at all for me.

+1
    I feel like I have a good point of view on this, I just purchased a 2012 RXT-X a few weeks ago. Before going to a demo ride I was contemplating between the new RXP-X and GTR, along with the RXT-X.

They didn't have a GTR or an RXT-X I could ride, but they had similar boats I could ride that had combinations of the same hulls, engines, etc, along with a new '12 RXP-X. I'm more or less a newer, casual rider, and want something that I can grow into to. I could have gotten a GTI 155 and had fun but the fun would have wore off after a few times out. I wanted something fast that would make me respect it and grow into it, but I also ride 2 up with my girlfriend almost all of the time so her being comfortable was high on my list.

I loved the way the new RXP-X looked, but one look at the seat when I got to the demo ride and I said no way. There is no way (IMO) somebody could ride back there for any sort of extended period of time and be even remotely comfortable. I literally didn't even test ride it because I knew it would just piss me off. The most I could even picture would be a few hundred feet if somebody needed to get to the other side of a lake, going slow. It was then a tough choice between the GTR and the RXT-X, but I opted for the RXT-X for the more aggressive S3 hull (vs. playful sliding nature of the GTI hull) and the higher power rating to grow into.

I've been out to the lake 4 times in 3 weeks with 12 miles on it and have no regrets at all. It's a great do all boat that makes for an awesome hobby for the GF and I.

+1
    thanks for the input..its important that my wife is comfortable. I am leaning to the RXTX

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1
    Keep the 2K7 RXT215 for the wife, and get what you want for you.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by raceneked View Post
    Keep the 2K7 RXT215 for the wife, and get what you want for you.
    I have seriously considered this, but my wife is still learning to ride, and is not comfortable with docking. I strongly believe she will find the newer machines easier to ride (starting in neutral, and reverse on the handle bars). When she is ready, i will get her a newer non supercharged version (less painful maintenance) and easier to dock.

Personally I have loved riding my 2007 RXT, and can handle it with great ease... but my wife... not so much!! (only thing I am disappointed in is 2 supercharger failures in 106 hours of riding)

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dax_Thornhill View Post
    I have seriously considered this, but my wife is still learning to ride, and is not comfortable with docking. I strongly believe she will find the newer machines easier to ride (starting in neutral, and reverse on the handle bars). When she is ready, i will get her a newer non supercharged version (less painful maintenance) and easier to dock.

Personally I have loved riding my 2007 RXT, and can handle it with great ease... but my wife... not so much!! (only thing I am disappointed in is 2 supercharger failures in 106 hours of riding)
    I plan on maybe getting a GTI for my GF if she still enjoys it after a couple years for all of the same reasons. She doesn't need over the top speed and she isn't comfortable with docking either. Reliability and ease of use are top priority. If and when that happens I will still love the RXT-X as it rides like a much smaller ski and corners viciously... I doubt I'd ever be able to exploit the differences compared to the RXP-X with my use.

+1
    I bet if Seadoo had a demo GTR they would sell alot more....dumb move Seadoo. This baby flies and keeps up with the 260 machines. Very comfy seat, playful, and MORE storage then the TX, plus a few thousand bucks cheaper, win, win, win.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information