Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Does is worth to buy the R&D Anti-Cavitation cone?

the R&D Anti-Cavitation cone, will it help with cavitation, acceleration, or top speed. Does anybody has tested this product. please let me know if it worth the money.

I have a fzs with a stage 1 kit with the best gps number of 73.0 mph
    thank you.

+1
    i have one, deff helped the holeshot

+1
    I have them on both FZR's and while I still have cavitation on the 1.9l, the other FZR with the R3/C1 setup has zero cavitation on the holeshot from a dead start. It also has a 13/21 Pro Pitch on as well and the prop certainly helps quite a bit. I don't think much will help my 1.9l with the C5 on it other than a pump of some sort. I will be looking into picking up the new R&D 14 vein pump they are making. All in all, with a good prop design and the Anti-cav cone, it helps out bigtime up until a certain point. It is not a very expensive part at all so even if it doesn't do alot, it doesn't cost alot either.

YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    +1
    Mike lmk if you jump o it, i will also like to buy one for my lil Monster, man my hole shot is crazy and from a 15 20 roll prop spins like DAMM

Just threw one on my ski 2 nights ago. Hope to test it out tomorrow, so we'll see. I will let you know if it helps at all. I have a crap load of cavitation out of the hole with my stock prop, so it will be a good test to see if the cone helps at all.

I agree with Jetpilot785, the right prop goes a long way, and when used with the cone, I believe you will see good results. I'm not expecting any miracles with my boat until I change props, but like I said, still using the stock prop and experiencing loads of cavitation, this will be a good test for the R&D cone.

+1
    I believe the R&D anti-cav cone works by increasing pump pressure. By doing so, it should reduce cavitation, improve hookup, and potentially cause a small drop in rpms. I have never tried to cone, but in theory I think that is how it works.

+1
    I have a R&D anti cavitation cone that i can part with.
    I was using it with a twin prop and a C5 wheel getting 8700 rpms.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by STALKER FZR View Post
    Just threw one on my ski 2 nights ago. Hope to test it out tomorrow, so we'll see. I will let you know if it helps at all. I have a crap load of cavitation out of the hole with my stock prop, so it will be a good test to see if the cone helps at all.

I agree with Jetpilot785, the right prop goes a long way, and when used with the cone, I believe you will see good results. I'm not expecting any miracles with my boat until I change props, but like I said, still using the stock prop and experiencing loads of cavitation, this will be a good test for the R&D cone.
    i will appreciated your help, i am looking foward to see your result and please let me know if it work good. thank you

+1
    the anti cavitation cone will help some on the holeshot but wont make miracles, for example if your hitting the limiter 5-6 times on holeshot it might hit the limiter 3-4 with the R&D cone on, or if you hit the limiter 2-3 times it might solve the problem for you.. but its also as important to plug your intake grate and seal it up good with life seal or 42-5200 and also hope your transom plate is not leaking if not youll always cavitate..
    mark (mjh3ides) tested the cone on his sho and i believe he got like a 1/2 mph gain with it on and it will slightly lower your rpm's maybe ~50 rpm's or so.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 305coco View Post
    the anti cavitation cone will help some on the holeshot but wont make miracles, for example if your hitting the limiter 5-6 times on holeshot it might hit the limiter 3-4 with the R&D cone on, or if you hit the limiter 2-3 times it might solve the problem for you.. but its also as important to plug your intake grate and seal it up good with life seal or 42-5200 and also hope your transom plate is not leaking if not youll always cavitate..
    mark (mjh3ides) tested the cone on his sho and i believe he got like a 1/2 mph gain with it on and it will slightly lower your rpm's maybe ~50 rpm's or so.
    Yep, .5 top speed gain with stage 1 mods.

It will help holeshot some on lightly modded skis, but like Jorge said, don't expect any miracles with a bigger hp setup. Still a worthwhile improvement in hookup for any mod level though. The TBM is much better(& more expensive), but I'm sure there's a limit to how far you can mod before it doesn't help much either.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information