Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Battery issue?

Battery issue?

Yesterday my '05 VX110 Sport was running strong when warning and engine light started flashing. I shut it down to check under the seat but could find nothing. Went to restart it and could only get a faint click. Got it home and checked the battery, 11.46 volts. Put it on a quick charge for a few minutes and it started right up. Today it started up fine and seems to be holding the charge, 12.32 volts while running. What could possibly drain the battery while ski is running?

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyT View Post
    Yesterday my '05 VX110 Sport was running strong when warning and engine light started flashing. I shut it down to check under the seat but could find nothing. Went to restart it and could only get a faint click. Got it home and checked the battery, 11.46 volts. Put it on a quick charge for a few minutes and it started right up. Today it started up fine and seems to be holding the charge, 12.32 volts while running. What could possibly drain the battery while ski is running?
    12.3 volts is not good when the ski is running it should be 13 plus. It's not charging you might have a bad rectifier voltage regulator assy.

Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    12.3 volts is not good when the ski is running it should be 13 plus. It's not charging you might have a bad rectifier voltage regulator assy.
    Right now the ski is on a 2 amp trickle charge. I'll turn it on tomorrow after I get off work and take another reading. Is there a way to bench test the rectifier? Would the stator also be suspect?

Check and see if the cable from the ECU to the Rectifier has disconnected its self or that it is fully in place, happened to me a few times could account for incorrect voltage, if you get the code 19 it means incorrect battery voltage.....

I'll have to check all the connections later tonight.
    No codes have appeared.

A Code will only appear as a fault is happening

So I checked the battery when I got home, got 13.12 volts. Then I turned it on and the voltage dropped to a steady 12.56v. Shut it down and went over to my 2000 SUV to make a comparison. Initial reading of 12.50v just sitting on the trailer, hit the switch and got a reading of 13.41v running.

Jim, you probably hit it on the nose, thanks for the direction.
    misterjay, thanks for the heads up info. By the way I did the free flow exhaust and modified air intake. (A different kind of set-up) Works great!

So I checked the battery when I got home, got 13.12 volts. Then I turned it on and the voltage dropped to a steady 12.56v. Shut it down and went over to my 2000 SUV to make a comparison. Initial reading of 12.50v just sitting on the trailer, hit the switch and got a reading of 13.41v running.

Jim, you probably hit it on the nose, thanks for the direction.
    misterjay, thanks for the heads up info. By the way I did the free flow exhaust and modified air intake. (A different kind of set-up) Works great!
    Will post some pics of the exhaust and Intake ??? Would be very interested to see what you did ??

misterjay, I can do that. But I'll post it on the original thead, give me a day or so.

misterjay, I can do that. But I'll post it on the original thead, give me a day or so.
    Perfect, looking forward to seeing them

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information