Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Not Green Hulk but the BLOOD BOAT..... = )

OK guys so I have rebuilt the darn ski (so far no oil leaking either, yipee) and got every thing working but I can't seem to get the bearing to seat on the shaft.... any helpful hints, all new WSM drive shaft, new support ring, and new support bearing and PTO boot.....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0563.jpg 
Views:	535 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	274190

+1
    you can't catch a break can you?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jhill19 View Post
    you can't catch a break can you?
    Nope.... and this is now called the BLOOD BOAT, it is an Red RXT and I have lost a lot of blood working on the dam thing, I guess it might be one more week now before I can get it back together. I am going to order the PTO support tool looks like its supposed to hold the bearing so it cant be compressed into the bellow when inserting the driveshaft.

I will be able to open STEALERSHIP after this thing gets fixed I will have so many tools..... ha

+1
    yeah I started wearing gloves when working on mine after beating my hands to death. I have never had this problem with my pto bearing. did you put it on the driveshaft or in the boot then installed the driveshaft.

+1
    Brand new boot which comes with the bearing installed with the clamp, and since I had the whole engine out I put the boot on the Pto cover and put a BRP clamp on it. Dropped the engine in and and hooked everything up and then came time to put the new drive shaft in and oops problem, try again, oops still not working.... F this thing, I gotta take a break I've been sweating and bleeding all day with this thing (got tons done) but had to quit.

+1
    Aftermarket driveshaft in spec?

+1
    Is the engine aligned correctly? If it's not the shaft won't go in. Don't destroy your splines trying to get it in. Do you have an engine alignment tool?

Try to slide your old bearing over the new shaft to see I. There's enough clearance....

+1
    Put some grease on the drive shaft on the part where that bearing sits. You will need to slide the shaft in, then install the pump and THEN you should be able to pull on that bearing and get her seated on the shaft without too much effort. This is as long as the shaft is the same dimentions as the original stock one.......

+1
    that bearing in the boot, there is a o ring inside it which should be seated in that groove on the shaft you can see in the pic... what i do is put something in the impeller behind the shaft so it cant move backwards when your trying to slide the bearing back

what is a WSM driveshaft?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by meeper View Post
    that bearing in the boot, there is a o ring inside it which should be seated in that groove on the shaft you can see in the pic... what i do is put something in the impeller behind the shaft so it cant move backwards when your trying to slide the bearing back

what is a WSM driveshaft?
    OK so sunday we got the ski back together and seated the bearing on the shaft correctly.
    Took the ski out and shortly after riding there was oil in the hull, and about 40 min later of riding most of the oil was in the hull.

Tuesday I removed the engine from the ski and took notice to where most of the oil made marks on the engine, it seemed the oil was coming from some where near the pressure sensor or the top of the pto housing near the oil filter housing but nothing for sure, It has me stumped.

I ordered a new pressure sensor even though I did attempt to make it leak by applying pressure to it with the air compressor at 70psi but it didnt seem to make any sign of leaking....

WSM drive shaft is an aftermarket company that produces drive shafts for skis, it seems to be really nice at a fraction of the original cost of oem.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information