+1

Grips for Hurricane?

So, like a dummy I didn't realize that grips came in different lengths. I bought a set of ODI Rogues (130mm) and went to install them on the hurricane only to find that they are too long. So, I grabbed my digital caliper and it looks like what I should have purchased is some that are 120mm. The main reason I went with the Rogues is that on the inside they don't have the larger rubber pad (for lack of a better term) which interfered with the stock finger throttle on the grips I had on the 'Cane.

It's hard to tell from the pictures but looking at ODI's site, it looks like they might have a flat spot in that rubber pad that is intentionally cut for the throttle lever. Is this correct? If so I think I could get the 120mm ones like I linked below...

These are what I ordered: http://www.odigrips.com/roguepwclock-ongrips130mm.aspx

These are what I think would work: http://www.odigrips.com/roguepwclock-ongrips120mm.aspx

Or maybe these: http://www.odigrips.com/ruffianpwclock-ongrips120mm.aspx

On a side note, I'm getting the 'Cane ready to go back together and get some upgrades installed... It'll be getting the grips (obviously), SS 6-vane stator and Franken Keihin's in the near future and eventually an extended ride plate, shortened exhaust pipe and possibly a 777...

I transcend race Hombre! TBone14's Avatar
    +1
    ODI rogue 120's do have a flat spot - I had to use them on my 01 slx for the same reason - hmmmm.....the 130's fit fine in my cane though...

+1
    Interesting... Both my throttle and the start/stop assembly are up against the handlebar pad and I wasn't able to fit them on. When I measured, I actually came up with 122mm though so I was thinking I would just move the throttle and start/stop assemblies out to the 120mm grips once installed.

Banned User
    +1
    Yeah my 130s are too long. Im going to run them anyways. I kind of like the extra length. I have them on my SL 900 and I have had no issues with only one end locked on,..

Thread Information