Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

07 ultra 250x lose power and boost need help

hey everyone i am new to this site and tried doing my research before posting but couldnt find anything. i have a 07 ultra 250x when i purchased it has 12 hours. when im driving only hitting 50mph with 5-8 psi boost surging. i brought to dealer told me belt and pulley on super charger and plugs were no good so they put new in and same exact thing only hitting 45mph with boost surging from 5-8 psi. removed ic and drained water out of it b.c i thought that was problem put it all back together and went out with only 1/4 tank of gas b.c i thought it was water intrusion and same thing only hitting 45mph with 5-8 lbs boost rpm reving up to 7,000.. i am tired of bringing it to dealer so please if anyone has any info it would be great...i cant seem to figure this thing out it seems with slow key in its running fine then i was thinknig maybe immobilizer problem or jet pump problem b.c when i go to turn or jump wave it bogs down on me..

i just noticed when i was flushing jet ski i have 12psi boost and see water leaking out of bottom under by the intake grate thats not normal is it? should i silocone that intake crate b.c others i seen of people flushing only water is ocming out by jet pump only

Banned User
    +1
    Water out intake grate is normal there is no way u have 12 psi when flushing though have u changed your plugs. ? Check for loose hoses as well

it is normal to have water coming out the bottom of intake grate? i dont remember water ever coming out of there before.. yes when its on the hose and i rev itll go up to 11-12 psi in water 5-8 psi surging- plugs were changed 3 times already and same problems- check all hoses and clamps everything seems fine...

someone said it was water intrusion so i took out ic and cleaned and dried it out and ordered a cold air intake it should b here tuesday but even after i took water out of ic and went back out with 1/4 tank of gas did the same exact thing bogging down on me..

Banned User
    +1
    Check your air intake trumpet is not stuck to the side of the hull.

+1
    you will get water intrusion if you fit the cold air intake

aur intake trumpet looks fine i have plenty of room between the hull. so cold air intake will make it worse? i was told with full tank of gas my ski nose dives and sucks water in thru the air box to replace it with a riva intake system to prevent water into the air housing.. has anyone had this problem wityh there ultra 250x that im having lose of power and boost?

is there a scan tool you could hook up to kawai to see for trouble codes? service manual gives me some codes but nothing flashes on my odometer at all wich doesnt make no sense esp when its not runnig close to as it should be..

Banned User
    +1
    Ok let's start over.

Whoever is telling you your ski is sucking water in when it's full of fuel is full of crap. As Nijack stated the other intake will only make it worse.

You replaced plugs correct ?
    You checked air trumpet ?
    Check your plug wires start ski on hose. Wiggle wires or feel for zaps any change or zaps ?
    Pull your pump check your prop bearings etc. good idea to upgrade to 300 set up at this time.
    Are there any noises coming from the Motor loud or metallic ?
    You ether have a bad plug bad plug wire slipping sc belt or bad sc. Is my bet

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information