Starter Relay 2003 Seadoo GTI LE RFI

Hey guys,

Quick question because I can't seem to find any other information about. How hard is it to replace the starter relay on a 2003 Seadoo GTI LE RFI? I just tried to fire mine up for the lake last Saturday, connected the lanyard..got the beeps, display came up. However when I tried to start all I got was a series of dissapointing 'clicks' that seemed to come from the box where all the wiring is. I was informed by a technician at a local boat shop that it was likely the starter relay.

Is it difficult to replace on your own? Should I have professionals do it? I never had this kind of issue with my PWC before, so no I'm not really experienced in working with the mechanical side of it.

Thanks for any advice!

You may want to charge the battery first - low battery voltage usually makes the relay just click ....

You can test the starter relay (starter solenoid) by jumping across the two big posts with a screw driver...

The relay has a big red battery cable and a big starter cable going to it - you can't miss it - and it is real simple to change, if bad..

Quote Originally Posted by KYHI View Post
    You may want to charge the battery first - low battery voltage usually makes the relay just click ....

You can test the starter relay (starter solenoid) by jumping across the two big posts with a screw driver...

The relay has a big red battery cable and a big starter cable going to it - you can't miss it - and it is real simple to change, if bad..

Thanks for the reply! I noticed a user down a few posts having the same problems and someone had a nice picture of it, looks like it's right beneath the front storage. I will try to charge the battery and test the relay like you said, though I may end up replacing it anyways as I have had some ongoing issues with the bad boy starting up easily. It's been mentioned that the relay on my year of PWC has issues and that swapping the relay has lead to improvement in starting up in general.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    simple job relative..typical warning apply as ou are working on the heavy power stuff/ Go with an oem seadoo relay. The aftermarket stuff is still using the old rivit design, the full molded design is far superior in regards to moisture intrusion. Beware however..as one solenoid killer is over cranking..... just follow the battery hot lead. you'll find the right electric box.

Thread Information