1997 SLT 700 won't start

I have a 1997 Polaris SLT 700. Two summers ago is started have issues at the end of the season. It would run good and then after about 20 minutes of running it would die. If you cranked it alot and gave it gas you could get it running again sometimes. I took it out of the water and basically winterized it and did not get a chance to work on it until now two years later. I have since bought a brand new battary, Drianed all the old gas out, replaced the gas line going to the carbs, rebuilted the carbs, and new plugs.
    I can see the water sepperator fill up with gas. I cna see the gas in the gas lines. I can crank and crank the ski and only once in awhile can i get it to fire if I hold the throttle wide open. Even then it does not run that that long and as soon as I let go of the throttle it stops.

I see spark on both pluds and there is 120 in each cylinder.

Any suggestions would be great.

I'm addicted to Polaris PWC ghostinstallations's Avatar
    Rochester, New York
    Welcome to The Hulk!

What did you use for the low speed screw settings?
    Did you adjust the arm heights inside the carbs?

Many resources and troubleshooting tips can be found here:

If it was dying after 20 minutes, it sounds almost like an ignition problem (failing as it warms up).

Have you conducted any stator tests?
    Has the stator been upgraded?

Let us know!

I did not change any settings on the carb. Basically pulled it apart and sprayed carb cleaner and cleaned everything replaced all the gaskets and diaphragm. Did not think I would have to mess with the setting.

I have not tested the Stator at all. If the Stator goes don't you lose spark. That is what happened on my snowmobile when the stator went. I will have to fine some instruction to test stator.

Thread Information