Gas on the Ohio???

Anyone know of marinas on the Ohio between Marietta and Pomeroy? Planning 500 mile river run later this summer and that stretch of the river appears void of gas on the water. Made this leg last week and had to carry gas from the shore to the skis. Be lot more convenient to find gas on the water.

Thanks
    Rob

+1

Thanks for the link. Several of the places listed there don't have gas though . About the only places that may have were in Parkersburg which is to close to Marietta to make much difference. We carried gas at Ravenswood, WV, Pomeroy, OH and Hockingport, OH. There is a place in Hockingport about 0.5 mile up the Hocking River, but pumps were closed while they are awaiting new tanks to be installed.

+1
    did they say when the new tanks would be in? If I had a 100 gallon transfer tank I'd just meet you all somewhere and just cover my cost to bring it to you and the fuel. I'm only 30 mins from point pleasant but I don't have a tank. If your on the kanawha river they won't even fill up a jet ski for some reason at some places.

We can make Ravenswood without filling up, but not sure about Pomeroy. When we made the trip last Wed it was WTFO for 95% of the time due to getting a late start. My friend's '04 GTX was quite a bit thirstier then the '09 HO I was riding, especially when held at 7500 RPM.

The August trip shouldn't as hurried so will be able to go a little easier on the go fast stick. I took the wife's HO and left my SHO at home due to some mods not being completed so I have to factor that in as well. Will without a doubt have a rack on the back to carry full jugs when we go in August, so that will help. Looks like once we hit Gallipolis that marinas become much more prevalent. It's just that 100+ mile barren stretch between Marietta and Point Pleasant that I have to contend with for now.

Just need to find out how much more efficient I am at 45MPH vs 62MPH on the HO and then how my SHO is going to perform to boot.

Also, feel free to join in with us when we get near you. Plan not cast in stone yet, but shooting for first week of August. we'll be the two rednecks on the black HO and SHO.

And to answer your question... I did not see on the sign when he expected tanks to be in. It might have been there. I just jumped to plan B right away because it was getting dark fast. We pulled into the ramp at Williamstown right at 9pm with hardly any light left.

+1
    I think I will be in summersville wv that first week of august the 3rd-11th or i most definitely would.

Thread Information