Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Polaris EMM and injectors

So it seems that you need a matching set (EMM and injectors). DFI can clone a EMM but if it does not match the injectors then it will not work. Why do people have them broken up on ebay if that is the case or am I missing someting? I have found a number of Virage skis that do not have or the EMMs in them or they are bad.

People on Ebay selling EMM's and injectors independently should advise people that they will need to be matched by someone who has the programming software.

+1
    DFI said they could clone your EMM to a used one but that would only work with your injectors. If you found a Virage with a bad EMM they could not clone your EMM to work with the injectors in the Virage that has the bad EMM. That you would need to buy one EMM or 2 or 3 injectors that are "NEW" as in never used.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by macdoo View Post
    So it seems that you need a matching set (EMM and injectors). DFI can clone a EMM but if it does not match the injectors then it will not work. Why do people have them broken up on ebay if that is the case or am I missing someting? I have found a number of Virage skis that do not have or the EMMs in them or they are bad.

They split them up because they don't know any better. They don't understand the skis, its just a money making endeavor for them.

I posted this in another thread about EMMs. For the life of me I cant remember where I saw it, but I read the flow information on each injector is contained in the bar code on the side of the injector. With the proper software and a bar code scanner even used injectors without disks should be able to be programmed to the EMM. Wherever I saw this there was even a photo of them scanning the injector and the flow information coming up on the computer screen.

Im in the boat of having 3 injectors I cant do anything with. Had a EMM burn up that was not repairable. Dont know if DFI could get to the injector info or not, but its dead and I have 3 good injectors but no flow info.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Comp View Post
    I posted this in another thread about EMMs. For the life of me I cant remember where I saw it, but I read the flow information on each injector is contained in the bar code on the side of the injector. With the proper software and a bar code scanner even used injectors without disks should be able to be programmed to the EMM. Wherever I saw this there was even a photo of them scanning the injector and the flow information coming up on the computer screen.

Im in the boat of having 3 injectors I cant do anything with. Had a EMM burn up that was not repairable. Dont know if DFI could get to the injector info or not, but its dead and I have 3 good injectors but no flow info.
    You are technically correct on this. I have an ex-Polaris dealer down the road from me that will match any emm to any injector set for $65. I probed the guy on this, and found that they actually use the last 3 digits of the serial number of the injector which provides the map flow data based on a database that they have. This makes sense when you think about it that would mean that there are potentially no more than 1,000 mapping combinations needed so it keeps the database portable.

I recently bought some top quality injectors on flea bay for 45 bucks a piece separately which I may use at one point or another.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    While I have been offline for some time, prior to that I never found any useful info regarding this. The Polaris Ficht injectors (2000-2004?) do have a 2d barcode, but it was unclear which encoding standard was used for the barcode.

I have no info on how the data within that barcode is packaged. If someone has some info that would point me in the right direction I would be more than happy to pursue.

My previous guess was that Polaris (actually OMC, then BRP) had created a database mapping each serial number to a flow map for that injector. If there is a limited number of possible flow maps, then the above description seems plausible.

The next challenge is actually delivering the correct flow compensation map into the EMM. Polaris deliberately limited the standard Digital Wrench to only reading the map data from another EMM.

There is a separate diskette (yes, floppy disk) software that is packaged with every new Service Replacement Injector. It reads a specially formatted file and injects that data into the EMM. If someone has info on how that file data is formatted, we would be really be getting somewhere

+1
    Stay tuned, I plan to visit this dealer soon I'll see what I can find out.

BTW, K are you checking your pms?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Well, sort of

I am being very selective about which messages I respond to.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Well, sort of

I am being very selective about which messages I respond to.
    Looks like I'm not in that selective group

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information