Angry 2012 RXT-X Cruise control installation

I have ordered a brand new RXT-X 260 RS and my ski has now been by the dealer for almost 2 weeks, waiting for the BRP Cruise control unit to arrive. I'm so tired of waiting and offered him just to ship the CC to me and I will install my self. But the dealer says he has to program it into the ECU before it works, it is not a simple plug-and-play device, he says. I have 3 hours drive to the dealer and don't want to pick up the ski and go back in 1-2 weeks for installation.

Have any of you experience with this kind of CC installation and is it possible to install whit out this programming or is there a all known fix for DIY owners? (I am very skilled in both mechanical and electrical engineering)

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteRepeate View Post
    I have ordered a brand new RXT-X 260 RS and my ski has now been by the dealer for almost 2 weeks, waiting for the BRP Cruise control unit to arrive. I'm so tired of waiting and offered him just to ship the CC to me and I will install my self. But the dealer says he has to program it into the ECU before it works, it is not a simple plug-and-play device, he says. I have 3 hours drive to the dealer and don't want to pick up the ski and go back in 1-2 weeks for installation.

Have any of you experience with this kind of CC installation and is it possible to install whit out this programming or is there a all known fix for DIY owners? (I am very skilled in both mechanical and electrical engineering)
    Its a plug n play kit and does not need programming. I did my CC install and it was a breeze. Comes with step by step instructions.

Thanks Scott, do you still have the installation instructions or do you (or anybody else) know how/where to get these?

+1
    Thanks Scott, do you still have the installation instructions or do you (or anybody else) know how/where to get these?
    I do not sorry.

+1
    Instructions are in the box it comes in

They come with very detailed instructions, it is easy if you even only have somewhat of a mechanical ability. Took me about an hour or so.

Thanks, but can you tell if I have to do some programming to make the CC work or is it just plug and play ?

+1
    Thanks, but can you tell if I have to do some programming to make the CC work or is it just plug and play ?
    I answered this already. PLUG AND PLAY

Thread Information