1998 GP800 Trim Tabs

I have a typical 1998 GP800 that I can't seem to keep in the water (Porpoising) After reading several post I'm confused (no surprise) on the early 98 vs the later 98 models. How do I tell which one I have and will the trim tabs work on my machine and are they even needed on it. I don't want to modify the ride plate at all. It already has one broken bolt in it and I'm not willing to try removing them and breaking more. I'm posting a couple pictures of the back. If someone can help me identify what I have I'd appreciate it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-06-12_12-23-35_282.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	274331   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-06-12_12-24-01_277.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	274333  

Madison, WI, USA
    You have the later 98 hull. They do make small trim tabs for the later hulls. You also have the short ride plate. the longer 97 plate or a longer aftermarket ride plate should help your porpoising. Another thing that helps is a scoop style intake grate,because it'll suck you down to the water and also help keep the pump hooked up.
    There are techniques for removing and repairing ride plate bolts and the nut inserts in the hull. I had to repair mine. It takes a heat gun and scraper and lots of patience to remove the old nut inserts and you can repair from there by re-gluing the nut inserts or use a the method described in this post.

United States
    Braindead I am the guy you contacted on ebay regarding the tabs. here is a link to make them yourself as well.
    If you decide you want to purchase contact me here, I will give you a better deal than on ebay.
    I will be putting my ebay stuff on vacation setting tomorrow as I will be gone for a week.

Thread Information