Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

300x Oil Change Interval & Related Questions

Concerning the Oil Change Interval for the Model JT1500H (Ultra-300x) - do you guys abide by that published information in the Owner's Manual - Namely:
    ------------------
    Change Engine Oil every 25 hours (or every year)
    Change Engine Oil Filter every 100 hours
    ------------------
    Think it is a good idea for me to change the engine oil at 10 hours?

Do you guys use the Kawasaki Oil, or possibly another more readily available motor oil that is supplied by the local Auto Parts Stores in 10w40 viscosity?

Do you guys buy 5 quarts and that is sufficient for 1 oil change?

It defines API Rating of "SM" - yet what is JSO Rating of MA2.

As always - Many Thanks!!!

+1
    personally i chsange oil every 20hrs and filter every second oil change, yes 5ltrs is enough and yes other oils are fine to use provided they meet the API requirements you have stated. jso rating is just another formula used to rate the oil.

Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1
    See here:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=171853

About 10-15 max for me. I ride way harder than Corey. That dude just cruises around at less than 4 knots monitoring the lean he has on his hull

I'll be using Motul for my next change and see how that goes. They make a couple of different oils that suits (check out their website and you'll be able to find the ones I'm talking about).

Cheers, Mal.

+1
    mal i have just managed to get the ski over 4 knotts without tipping it, i have also just changed my oil a few weeks ago from valvoline durablend semi synthetic 10w40, too the valvoline full synthetic 10w50, never used a drop on my last little sprint over 4 knotts give it a shot i have noticed it also corrected my horrible dangerous lean

+1

Excellent - Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toomanytoys View Post
    See here:

About 10-15 max for me. I ride way harder than Corey. That dude just cruises around at less than 4 knots monitoring the lean he has on his hull

Cheers, Mal.
    ----------------
    I take it you guys know each other Tooooooo funny Mal.

Excellent - Thanks for the link & Info.

What about the oil filter - can you get one from the local Auto Parts Doosche (AC Delco, Purolator, Fram,...) or is it Kawasaki Dealer only?

Again Thanks Mate

Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1
    Yeah I know him. When I met him he was riding with the yellow key only. It took him some time to finally move to the orange key. At first he was scared, but some gentle persuasion and encouragement he finally did it. I remember the day he tried the orange key, it feels like it was only yesterday. I'm so proud of him, he has come a long way!

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

+1
    lmao mal your such a caring kind of guy, i have finished with the training wheels and need to get them back to you, old age could set in sooner than you think and im sure you will need them before myself
    spooling mate please pull those shorts down a little and untuck your t-shirt you are reminding me way to much of mal the oem filter is the way to go its also priced very cheap. but dont do as mal does hes a bit of scrooge with his money and actually rinses his with degreaser before re-using it again. i even caught him at the ramp one day washing his ski down on the trailer with soap suds in the salt water telling me there no need to go to the carwash as all the water in the world is up to his knees right here infront of us

+1

Tooooo Funny

You guys are hillarious, the yellow and orange key had me grinning from ear to ear. Thanks for the smiles

OEM Filter it is and probably some Valvoline Sauce to go with it...

Have a good day Mate

+1
    I'd do the smell test. Do you smell gas on the dipstick or the oil filler cap? If yes, then the guys here are telling me to change oil every 8-10 hours. If no, then 25 hours should be OK unless you're using it in competition and driving the crap out of it.

Kawi didn't reduce the oil change interval from 50 hours to 25 hours until the 2012 model year. The supercharged Ultras have had gas in oil issues since they came out in 2007. According to the factory guys I've spoken with, the 300's still have some gas in oil issues though it's been reduced. So if you smell it, go with the low interval.

As far as the filter, I agree the Kawi factory filter is the best at $18. But if you wind up changing the oil every five minutes, then save some money and get an STP filter from Auto Zone for $4.50. It's not as good but for the short time it's gonna be on there it doesn't really matter.

See here for more info on my gas in oil issue: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=178599

+1
    MA has to do with clutch slippage. The JASO MA2 is the best to use for the less slippage.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information