Thread: Riva/R&D

+1

Riva/R&D

So just how much of a difference is there between the Riva air intake and the R&D intake?
    How much difference between The R&D BOV kit (TIAL valve)and the Riva kit (HKS valve)?
    Anybody bother with the R&D intercooler spacer?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ph2ocraft View Post
    So just how much of a difference is there between the Riva air intake and the R&D intake?
    How much difference between The R&D BOV kit (TIAL valve)and the Riva kit (HKS valve)?
    Anybody bother with the R&D intercooler spacer?
    I either have used or have all of those products in use at this time. As far as the intake, I am assuming you mean the cold air intakes from each companies, they both work well. It will come down to look and/or price. The R&D is a few bucks cheaper. Honestly, both units do about the same job so flip a coin on those.

The BOV's are another story. I have used both as well and the Tial is a way nicer piece. The HKS is 35mm where the Tial is 50mm. The HKS is louder and whistles when it blows off. The Tial blows off more air faster and can eliviate the pressure sooner. I also had issues with the HKS leaking and losing boost but mine was also a weld on adaptor with a snap ring and it leaked around the base where the snap ring held it in place. If you buy the version that is attached to the hose that connects the SC to the IC, the Riva version has a 1" adaptor and there have been reports of the hose failing where the BOV attaches. The Tial utilizes a 2" adaptor diameter which is stronger and can also move more air so the Tial is the way to go in my opinion.

As far as the CFM kit for the stock IC, if you are running stock wheel, don't worry about it. If you decide to run the C1 or something similar, it does help out but if you decide you want to boost above 11lbs., do yourself a favor and get an intercooler. If you get the CFM kit, get the additional cooling kit from R&D to run another line to the cooler and an additional exit. The riva cooler kit looks good as well. Beyond that, don't bother with a core upgrade. For the price you can upgrade to the Fizzle cooler for about $100 more and if you haven't gotten anything yet, you can order that cooler and have him set it up with an adaptor for the BOV of your choice. I use the R&D Pro Series IC and it is a very nice piece and it utilizes the stock mounting locations and the stock J pipe and throttle body boots. It also uses the stock IC cover so everything fits like it was stock with room to work on it. The Riva cooler from what I hear works well, just a bear to get it in the hull and will utilize different plumbing from the cooler to the throttle body eliminating the stock J pipe and boots.

+1
    Thanks for the input.
    The Tial seems more robust, that's the way I'll go.
    On the intake, I'm just going to see what my suppliers have and who charges the least.
    Thanks for the IC info, I'll keep it for my next round

Thread Information