Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

1999 genesis ficht injection, need help on injector

I had an injector that came apart while running this weekend, it seemed to pull the threads and came apart. When this happened it shot gas all over in the hull of the ski. I unbolted the injector and took it apart, orings were good but the threads that hold the injector together were pulled. Had to get it going for the weekend so I put it back together with quick set jb weld, make a bracket to go over the top of the injector and bolted it back to the head, believe it or not it worked, no more gas leak and seemed to run fine the rest of the weekend. My question is can you still get injectors for this model, the number is 1253311 and when I check the sites on the internet they say no longer available, is there another one that will work? It is running now but I would like to replace the injector just for peace of mind. will any ficht injector work if it looks the same? I noticed the newer polaris pwc's have an injector that is supported with a bracket over the top, is that because they had a problem with the early ones like mine doing just what happened to me? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    The 1999 FFI engines use a first generation injector that is specific to that year. All 2000-2004 Ficht injectors are different from the 1999 version.

It has been a while since I sold the set of 1999 injectors I had on hand. Not sure if I have any left. If I do, they are buried on a shelf somewhere.

What you might try is find one of the brackets used on the 2000-2004 injectors and see if you can retrofit it to hold your 1999 injector in place. Note that the brackets utilize a thick o-ring under the bracket dome to actually compress the injector against the engine.

See my signature links for more info and some photos of the injector brackets. Be sure to follow the torque specs and torque sequence when using the bracket.

Last edited by K447; 05-07-2013 at 09:00 AM.

+1
    I would jump all over this if I were you: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Polaris-1999...2b4bec&vxp=mtr

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    +1

Those 1999 injectors are rare and often expensive.

I would still investigate utilizing the newer style injector brackets to reinforce all three of your 1999 style injectors to maximize longevity.

I was wondering if I could make the newer style injector work, but after seeing all three injectors for 140.00 on ebay I just bought them instead, that will give me two extras for the future. Thanks for the help guys and thanks for the link to ebay. I had looked before and they were really expensive fore just one used injector but I must have missed the ad that you linked up here. Thanks again and I will let you know how it goes.

When I get a second I will post up a picture of how I reinforced the ones I have so this doesn't happen again.

Those injectors look identical to the injectors on a 2000 Kawasaki 1100 STX DI.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Comp View Post
    Those injectors look identical to the injectors on a 2000 Kawasaki 1100 STX DI.
    That's because for a period Kawasaki used the same ficht injection system as polaris. Same emm too.

The Kawi injectors have a stamped sheet metal bracket that goes over the top of the injector and helps hold it down. If you cant find the Polaris brackets you may look at the Kawi parts and see if they are available.

+1
    You can still get brand new brackets from partspitstop.com for the late model style. $35 each part number 5247336. The money you saved on that ebay deal you could use to get the right brackets and be done with it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information