Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WORX Intake Grate or Keep Stock Grate on 2008 RXPX

Hey all,

I have spent a tonne of time reading all the posts on Greenhulk regarding all the different types of intake grate options for an RXPX. I have a 2008 and I am contemplating changing the intake grate from stock to WORX.

Is it worth the change? I am looking to gain in the rough water hook up. I'm in Georgian Bay so there's always a 1'-2' chop, and if there's no chop there's a lot of boat traffic. So top speed is nice but I want stability and hookup, holeshot more than anything.

So should I keep STOCK GRATE or go for the WORX GRATE? ....maybe the R&D AQUAVEIN PRO2 CC ??? I couldn't find many reviews on the pro2.

Any help would be awesome, thanks.

+1
    I can give a thumbs up to the worx on the 08 PX. I gained about 2.0 mph over stock and very little loss on hole-shot. I tried the r&d too and did not like the cavitation out of the hole. Top speed was good on the r&d but the loss of hole-shot is not worth it to me. Nothing holeshots like the stock grate, but the worx is a great grate.

Ed

Hmm, yes, I agree that's the consensus I came to by reading all the other topics.

The one thing which I couldn't figure out was whether the WORX grate was better than the stock grate or worse in rough water or when crossing boat wake. I read both are good but never which is better.

I guess a better question would be does the WORX grate give me anything that the stock PX grate doesn't other than 2-3mph on the top end?

Thanks again

+1
    I thought the WORX was fantastic for the type riding you do. I found it stayed hooked much better in chop, had less cavitation on launch or coming out of hard turns and I thought it helped the holeshot. The only reason I changed to the R&D was I got a bug up my butt about hitting 80mph and the worx started stuffing @ 75. Good luck, I think you will like it!

Worx grate defiantly hooks up better than the stocker,I recently fitted the worx to my 08 rxpx

+1
    Running a worx grate on my 08px and love it!!
    Hole shot and rough water hook up is great and keeps the ski locked down in fast cornering!! I mainly ride rough water 2+ foot chop, so it's not often i get top speed runs. My best speed to date is a 78.4 and not a hint of overstuff as yet!
    Go the worx!!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bradsta View Post
    Running a worx grate on my 08px and love it!!
    Hole shot and rough water hook up is great and keeps the ski locked down in fast cornering!! I mainly ride rough water 2+ foot chop, so it's not often i get top speed runs. My best speed to date is a 78.4 and not a hint of overstuff as yet!
    Go the worx!!!!
    At 78 you are right at stuffing with that grate, I really dont see how your running that speed without stuffing. Just be careful and dont chop the throttle, sonner or later its gonna hurt!

Cool, sounds great. I'm gonna pick up a WORX

Any of you experience this intense slapping of water sound I've read about on here?

I've got a RIVA Waterbox anyway... would I even hear the water in the tunnel? Just wondering how loud the new grate will be...not that it's gonna change my mind, just curious.

i have the r&d CC on mine and i love it. i lost just a tad of holeshot, but cornering and hook-up is a lot better. my closed course is louder than my stock grate, but you get used to it pretty quick.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dnielsen View Post
    At 78 you are right at stuffing with that grate, I really dont see how your running that speed without stuffing. Just be careful and dont chop the throttle, sonner or later its gonna hurt!
    The over stuffing issue is always in the back of my mind!!!
    When i ran that speed looking back at it, the river was dead flat and at one point it felt like i had hit a water bird or debris as there was a "thump" in the back of the ski, but the nose of the ski never slaped the water?. This was with the vts set at 1 above middle, could this have been the start of overstuffing???
    Was nowhere near what some have experienced, like getting smashed into the bars!!
    Have been toying with the idea of the r&d grate but others have said not as good for rough water and that's what i mainly get to ride in!!
    Bradsta..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information