Code P0524, Oil Pressure Problems?

Hey guys,
    I have a 2010 GTX 155 throwing a P0524. I cant find it referenced anywhere in my Seadoo manuals but the OBDII code is low oil pressure.

After being winterized all winter I pul the ski in and after an hour the oil filter cap split and all the oil was lost from the motor. I changed the cap, refilled the oil and i'm still getting a check engine light. The codes listed when going to the menu on the dash and looking at fault codes lists a P0524. I tried changing the OPS with a sensor from another ski I own and I still get the same code. I went out to harbor freight and bought a pressure testing kit. I plugged the gauge into the plug up on the block and left the rear OPS in place. Right after startup cold it reads 90PSI, idling on the hose for 15 minutes it went down to around 65+/- but after reving the motor it spikes back to 90. I'm using the 2004 shop manual but it states cold idle to be about 43-58PSI. SO heres the big question, what exactly is a code p0524, if in fact it is stating low oil pressure, then why is the oil pressure seem way to high. is there a proper was to clear codes on the 2010 models? I pulled the batter fuse for 2 minutes but the code is still pressent. Is there more than one OPS on the 2010's?

Thanks much, -tim

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoerider View Post
    Hey guys,
    I have a 2010 GTX 155 throwing a P0524. I cant find it referenced anywhere in my Seadoo manuals but the OBDII code is low oil pressure.

After being winterized all winter I pul the ski in and after an hour the oil filter cap split and all the oil was lost from the motor. I changed the cap, refilled the oil and i'm still getting a check engine light. The codes listed when going to the menu on the dash and looking at fault codes lists a P0524. I tried changing the OPS with a sensor from another ski I own and I still get the same code. I went out to harbor freight and bought a pressure testing kit. I plugged the gauge into the plug up on the block and left the rear OPS in place. Right after startup cold it reads 90PSI, idling on the hose for 15 minutes it went down to around 65+/- but after reving the motor it spikes back to 90. I'm using the 2004 shop manual but it states cold idle to be about 43-58PSI. SO heres the big question, what exactly is a code p0524, if in fact it is stating low oil pressure, then why is the oil pressure seem way to high. is there a proper was to clear codes on the 2010 models? I pulled the batter fuse for 2 minutes but the code is still pressent. Is there more than one OPS on the 2010's?

Thanks much, -tim

Bump. Getting the same fault code after changing my oil. Anyone?

+1
    I think your oil pressure regulator is stuck.

Oil pressure is to high and the regulator is stuck not allowing it to bleed of extra pressure.

Part number's 9 through 13
    http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....=13&A=132&B=10

Quote Originally Posted by hotbird View Post
    I think your oil pressure regulator is stuck.

Oil pressure is to high and the regulator is stuck not allowing it to bleed of extra pressure.

Part number's 9 through 13
    http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....=13&A=132&B=10

How does one check this? From the diagram you posted it looks like I have to take half the damn engine apart to do this...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by badfish View Post
    How does one check this? From the diagram you posted it looks like I have to take half the damn engine apart to do this...
    If it was me I would pull the motor out (pretty easy on these)
    then you can get to the bottom of the rear ptop cover and pull the assembly out and check it over.

I think some have done it in the ski but it very hard to get to.

I took it to the dealer today to get their input and the mechanic cleared the error code and it never came back. I also found out there was a cluster update that he installed while I was there. As good as new!

Thanks for the input.

+1
    Glad it worked out for you!

Just to fallow up, from what I understand a CEL caused by low oil pressure will only go away after the engine has his a certain RPM. Once I refilled the oil and reved it to redline the light went away and all was good.

Thread Information