+1

CC engine question.

HI,

Stock engine is 1500cc, when you put bigger piston such as 9.5.1 what is the cc increase? 1600cc 1700cc 1800cc ? thanks for the help

+1
    Changing the compression ratio will not have any affect on the displacement.

+1
    oh thought the contrary thanks well what oversize piston can I get for offshore racing for the engine to stay reliable? I heard that the 9.5.1 ratio are the best. Wanted to increase the CC like puting a 1600cc 1700cc, of course putting all the rest like carillo rods and lighten parts...

+1
    maybe it's a french term as I keep hearing racers saying they increase the engine to 1600cc, 1700cc and I see on the cp piston, oversize piston .25mm and 50mm does that increase the cc?

+1
    yes over bore pistons raise cc but not many, for 1mm add about 12cc
    you can get oversize pistons and standard in different compression ratios like 8:1, 9:1 or 10:1
    to get 1600 exc you will need aftermarket cylinders

+1
    ok so I'm planning to buy the cp 9.5.1 which one is the best .25mm or .50mm?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by otoss View Post
    ok so I'm planning to buy the cp 9.5.1 which one is the best .25mm or .50mm?
    depending on the current condition of the bore, you may not even need to bore and hone oversize, if they are round and straight, you maybe able to just hone to clearance the new forged piston, if you do require a over size bore, go with the next size larger than stock. .25mm isn't going to change the CC displacement of the motor, but raising the compression will make a difference in performance with the necessary supporting mods, fuel, timing, lager supercharger etc

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by big john View Post
    depending on the current condition of the bore, you may not even need to bore and hone oversize, if they are round and straight, you maybe able to just hone to clearance the new forged piston, if you do require a over size bore, go with the next size larger than stock. .25mm isn't going to change the CC displacement of the motor, but raising the compression will make a difference in performance with the necessary supporting mods, fuel, timing, lager supercharger etc
    Thanks for the help, just bought a rxtx 260 for my offshore racing season, ski has already, aftermarket cam, riva valve train, light weight crank gear, aftermarket ecu that goes up to 8800rpm, tabs and le moine sponson. I'm planning to pu CP pistons 9.5.1, put a smaller supercharger (riva XX)as I don't think the ET 68/140 will be good for my engine in off shore condition, A solas 13/18 or 12.5/19, just bought the terminator fuel rail kit with rrpfr, and have the dynotune afr and boost gauge.

Only question if for the injectors, they are stock and I don't know which one to get. Wouldlike to get rid of lemoine sponson to put lemac sponson or the ninja one that has two blades (sale on ebay). Am I forgetting something?

Thread Information