Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    +1

Yamaha vxr/vxs ride plate set ups

tell us what ride plate your running, how you have it set up, etc. I've tried multiple washer combinations with my Jims modded plate and i don't know if i'm expecting more than i'm getting or i'm missing something.......

RD with 1 shim. So far I cant complain. better than stock thats for sure. Going to go two spacers when I take my prop out next. Ricky bobby has stated using the RD with the equivalent to 2.5 rd washers is on the money.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    On the money for what purpose? speed , handling or to stop the WOT bounce.......???

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic6801 View Post
    On the money for what purpose? speed , handling or to stop the WOT bounce.......???
    You would have to ask him. I just saw him talking about it. Shoot him a pm

+1
    Stock right now. I'm waiting on info like this to make a decision. My ski no mods and very little porpoising. My daughter's ski only has an air intake and is quicker and faster and her's porpoises a little more than mine.

So far I haven't seen much about plates for this platform. The fact that FZR guys can add the stock VXR plate and get MPH's seems to suggest that maybe the stock plate is pretty fast by itself. It seems like people are saying the R&D plate slows the ski down, but improves handling. I haven't seen anything on a Riva plate. Is it the same as the R&D? Then that leaves the Jim modded stock plate. If I understand correctly, it potentially adds 1 MPH for $250 with a week turnaround and no ability to go back to stock. And with that plate, it still needs to be shimmed which could reduce that 1 MPH gain?

I'd like to learn more about what's working for others as well.

+1
    what i dont understand is why the ski will do 68 with the stock ride plate with the factory shims, then why do we remove them to install the Jims plate, wouldnt leaving the stock plates make more sense ???? ive been playing with different combonations since december and still dont think i'm getting all that i can outta the Jims plate, the instruction say remove the stock shims and add one or two washer under the rear, but the raise the front of the plate up into the hull, today im going to try shimming the front down with no shims in the rear as per jim to see what she feels like. with all my mods i shopuld be doing better than 68/69 mph, i should be seeing low 70s at a minimum !!!!

+1
    So there are stock shims under the stock plate? Is that on all four bolts? How many shims are in there?

+1
    What sort of results did you see when you installed it?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by big john View Post
    tell us what ride plate your running, how you have it set up, etc. I've tried multiple washer combinations with my Jims modded plate and i don't know if i'm expecting more than i'm getting or i'm missing something.......
    Let us know how the testing goes John... I'm just in the beginning stages of modding and debating if fooling with the ride plate will be beneficial or cause more problems.

+1
    Jim's plate with just enough shim on front 2 so the step from transom to plate is barely there, but def not hanging below. Stock bracket style shim removed. I picked up 1.5 over stocker and better handling. I found it to not skate through curves as much as with stock plate.

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information