GPR No bottom end power!

Hi every one, I recently purchased a 07 gp1300r with 25hrs all stock. I have no bottom end power ex.(when I accelerate, give it full throttle it bogs/ hesitates from the start.) I did run two tanks of premium fuel threw it and changed the plugs thinking it would clear up. Once you get moving it seems to pull fairly well. Did a compression test and about 125psi on all three cylinders. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

+1
    The bog you are experiencing is most likely the water box being cleared out. It could also be cavitation if you have not had your pump shoe sealed up. Seal it first and if that doesn't cut it look in to the jet works mod or a Leo's hole shot kit.

+1
    Check your cat con too...

I'm having Issues with my 06 also. One thing you can do is remove all plug wires but one, start the engine (with the ski on the trailer), and see how it idles. Repeat for each cylinder. I know mine would idle fine on #2 or #3 cylinder but would crank but not idle with just one plug wire hooked to number 1. This may tell you if a one of the cylinder is not performing correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Almost View Post
    The bog you are experiencing is most likely the water box being cleared out. It could also be cavitation if you have not had your pump shoe sealed up. Seal it first and if that doesn't cut it look in to the jet works mod or a Leo's hole shot kit.
    Well it don't make a difference if the boat is in the water or on the trailer. It bogs once you punch it of the start. Is there a way to see if the cat is possibly plugged with out removing it?

+1
    Gotta pull the stinger out and look in it....

With 25 hours seems premature for cat issue. I have an 08 with about 30 hours, havent pulled mine out yet but it has to come out sooner or later. I also read in the owners manual that you need to flush it out with a hose. Just make sure the ski is running BEFORE you flush. Try the CAT removal and see if that works first since you are going to have to do that sooner or later. There is a guy on ebay selling the kit and chip for 69.00, that is the cheapest I have found so far.

Appreciate the help I will order a cat delete kit and let you know.

Thread Information