I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar

Unhappy Water regulators?

Alright, I'm in the market for a water regulator to replace my broken one on my GTX RFI....I have a line on a couple possible ones from the classifieds (thanks guys). However, they are mostly off other years/models. Consequently, they have differing part numbers. I'm wondering off hand if you guys know if they have are specially set and won't interchange. Cause if i get on off an XP, for example, the valve may not open at the right time and such resulting in either; a) poor performance, or b) melted exhaust hosing. Otherwise, my only option is one off a 787 RFI model, huh?

Thanks,
    Sean

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    The only change in p/n's should be when they started making the 98 & later valves. They are larger in diameter than the pre-98's. As far as I know...the RFI's don't have any different construction? You need to look at your old valve, and back out the red part, counting the clicks, until it is flush. Depending on the hull, they are adjusted differently. So make sure you verify and adjust accordingly your new valve.

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar

Thumbs up

I appreciate it....I have however gotten a line on a Reg. off an RFI motor. Not, to mention I don' have the original regulator. A tech broke it in half last year and I was so angry I just threw it away(and never went back). Instead I replaced it with fittings and carb jets....It works and has for some time now, but I wanted to find a reg. so I can see if the water in the exhaust is the reason I'm missing 200RPMs. I was concerned because of the extreme price difference in regulators between years and models. I think all is going to be well.

Thanks,
    Sean

Thread Information