Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

knock sensor, in need of ECU r12x

Well ive been reading around... and im not even going to mess with replacing the knock sensor.. 03 r12x upgraded turbo n such... so if anyone has a compatible ECU you know what to do... $700 for new is absolutely stupid... ive seen a few post mentioning "resetting" this? there wasnt much detail but if anyone knows how, not like it will hurt it anymore.. thanks guys/girls

+1
    knock sensors are known to go bad. I suggest you start there.

+1
    I sure hope you're right Mac, I don't know how many instances of this you have came across but could you put a percentage on how often code 25 was caused by ECM failure and how often it turns out to be the knock sensor?

I`d be curious to hear what people are finding as everyone seems to have a different opinion, I read a thread the other day were the Tech at the dealership said he had never seen one bad ECM in 10 years of working on the skis

The guy went on to say that based on that he just replaced the knock sensor - guess what - code 25 came back

Looks like the tech was about to see his first bad ECM.......

i got the same code, ill post back when it comes in next week, if not its the ECM lol

Well with the constant fouling of the plugs, carbon fouling, and the overwhelming threads on other sites with the same issue, I havent seen one person post that changing the knock sensor was what fixed it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by majorleagueinfidel View Post
    Well with the constant fouling of the plugs, carbon fouling, and the overwhelming threads on other sites with the same issue, I havent seen one person post that changing the knock sensor was what fixed it.
    There has been one or two, but most need an ECM or a wiring harness.....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by majorleagueinfidel View Post
    Following a code 25 fault I changed my knock sensor just last week and that cured it

Has the ski been used in salt water?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by energysolutions View Post
    I sure hope you're right Mac, I don't know how many instances of this you have came across but could you put a percentage on how often code 25 was caused by ECM failure and how often it turns out to be the knock sensor?

I`d be curious to hear what people are finding as everyone seems to have a different opinion, I read a thread the other day were the Tech at the dealership said he had never seen one bad ECM in 10 years of working on the skis

The guy went on to say that based on that he just replaced the knock sensor - guess what - code 25 came back

Looks like the tech was about to see his first bad ECM.......

Glad that fixed it. There is too much bad ecu paranoia going on around here.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by supermac View Post
    Glad that fixed it. There is too much bad ecu paranoia going on around here.
    Me too - it worked like a charm

I knew instantly it was cured when I fired it up, the ski was idling smoothly as it had done before the fault but when the knock sensor went bad it got very "lumpy"

How'd you know the knock sensor went bad other than it feeling lumpy? Mine feels like that also, but no codes or any warning lights have gone off...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information